Whether you’re attending a wedding or a formal event, it’s important to know what the dress code is and to stick to it. In some cases, that means keeping your sparkly shoes at home and pulling out your fanciest heels instead. But if you want to wear sequins without breaking a sweat, read on for some tips on how to do so without being too over-the-top.
When you’re planning an event, it’s important to know your audience and what they’ll expect from you. If the wedding is formal and black-tie, then obviously sequins are out of the question—you should stick with neutral colors and a classic cut instead. But if you have a more casual wedding on your hands, then feel free to go with something sparkly!
Skip the sparkle if you’re attending a wedding at a religious institution.
If you’re attending a religious wedding, skip the sparkle. You may be wondering, “Can I wear sequins to a wedding?” Well if you’re going to a religious ceremony, then no. You should definitely not wear anything that has sequins on it. This is because people will think that you’re trying too hard and they won’t like you anymore and they’ll stop inviting you to things or even worse they’ll make fun of you behind your back (this has happened to me) but if by some miracle everyone is nice about it then maybe go ahead with the sequins because I guess it’s fine then?
If you’re going to wear a sequin dress, keep your necklace simple.
- If you’re going to wear a sequin dress, keep your necklace simple.
- Don’t wear something that’s too big or too small.
- Don’t wear something that is too long or too short.
- Don’t wear something that’s too chunky or not chunky enough.
You may want to try a sequin clutch instead of a full-on sequin dress.
You might want to try a sequin clutch instead of a full-on sequin dress.
A sequin clutch can be worn with other outfits and accessories, making it more versatile than a full-on sequin dress. For example, wear your sequin clutch with your wedding outfit as well as with cocktail attire for the reception afterwards. It can also be paired with other accessories and dresses in your closet, so you don’t have to worry about wearing it again right away.
It’s not a good idea to wear a full-on sequin suit.
A sequin suit is not the best choice for a wedding, as it is likely to be too flashy. If you want to wear something that shines, try a subtle shiny fabric instead of full-on sequins. Besides being uncomfortable and making you stand out from the crowd, a sequin suit could distract from the bride’s dress or other important details at the ceremony.
If you do want to wear something that sparkles, consider one of these options:
- A shiny shirt and pants in a dark color (black or navy)
- A dress with sequins on it rather than all over it
- A suit that has a subtle pattern on the fabric
If sequins seem like too much, try adding just a touch with these shoes.
If you’re not ready to commit to a full-on sequin look, try out these shoes. They’re the perfect way to make your outfit shine without getting too flashy.
These shoes can be worn with pretty much anything—even if it isn’t sequined! You can wear them with an all black outfit (like our model here) or you could wear them with a fun print top and skirt. This pair of heels is also great because they come in different colors/patterns so you can pick ones that match your outfit perfectly.
Since these are a neutral color, you can wear them with pretty much anything. They’re also super comfortable—so you don’t have to worry about being uncomfortable all night long If you’re not sure what to wear, try to find out what other people are wearing and match their look. If you’re still unsure if your outfit is appropriate for the wedding, ask someone who knows what’s expected of each member of the bridal party..
Make sure that you are dressed in an appropriate way for the location, the dress code and your place in the wedding party
- Make sure that you are dressed in an appropriate way for the location, the dress code and your place in the wedding party.
- If you’re not sure, ask the bride or groom to clarify what is expected of each member of their party.
- There are many different types of weddings with different styles and themes, so make sure that your outfit fits right in with what’s going on.
- If you’re not sure what to wear, ask the bride or groom for their input. They will know exactly what they want for their special day, and will be able to help you choose an outfit that meets all of their requirements.
Now that you know more about how to wear sequins at a wedding, it’s time to get shopping! There are so many beautiful options out there that can make your big day even better.