Dubai is such a beautiful place I went there before for my school break vacation. I really prepared my outfit sets! and I sure am glad I did.
What clothes to wear in Dubai
- You’re going to need a sweater or jacket, as the temperatures get cooler in the evening, especially during winter. But make sure you still have enough room in your suitcase for souvenirs!
- Bring at least one pair of comfortable shoes that can be worn with many different outfits. Dubai is a walking city so leave those heels behind and opt for flats or sneakers instead.
- If you’re traveling there during the summer months, be prepared for some intense heat as temperatures can easily reach over 100F (40C). It’s also not uncommon for it to rain heavily during this season if you want to keep your hair dry, consider bringing a scarf to cover your head and neck. No matter what time of year it is when visiting Dubai, always bring sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.”
What to wear in Dubai heat
The heat in Dubai can be brutal, but you can combat it by wearing cool clothing and doing a few simple things. Here are some tips we have for you:
- Wear light clothes made from natural fabrics such as cotton or linen that breathes well. They are likely to allow some airflow and keep you cool.
- Sunglasses not only protect your eyes from the sun’s rays, but they shield your face too. Make sure that the glasses block 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Sunscreen is essential! Protecting yourself from UV rays will also help you keep cool as you won’t get burned by the sun. Be sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours while outdoors.
- Hats are a must when traveling in Dubai or any hot destination because they not only provide shade but also help prevent sunburns to your scalp, neck, and face. A wide-brimmed hat will protect your shoulders and upper body too!
A wide-brimmed hat will protect your shoulders and upper body too!
Can wear shorts in Dubai
You can wear shorts in Dubai, but there are a few things to keep in mind. If you are visiting a mosque, you should be covered from shoulders to knees and women have to cover their hair. Female tourists should avoid wearing booty shorts (AKA “hot pants,” “short-shorts,” or anything that leaves your bum cheeks exposed) while out and about, as this is considered offensive. Male tourists should avoid wearing very short shorts (no shorter than knee-length) or shorts that expose the knee both in public places and at religious sites, as this could cause offense.
As for t-shirts, it’s not advisable for female tourists to wear ones with low necklines or slogans that could be seen as disrespectful — best stick with camisoles underneath cardigans/shrugs and make sure your shoulders are covered up. As long as what you’re wearing is modest, you shouldn’t have any problem in Dubai!
You can wear shorts and t-shirts at the beach however you like – just make sure all of your swimwear stays on the sand, sea, or pool!
Dress code for women in Dubai
The dress code for women in Dubai is most definitely a topic to be taken seriously. As much as tourists would like to enjoy their time in the city, wearing anything that could potentially offend the people of Dubai is simply not acceptable.
Public decency laws are strict and should be respected. This means covering up shoulders and knees, avoiding see-through clothing and tight-fitting clothing, shorts or skirts that are too short, revealing tops which include low cut tops and spaghetti straps (though these will likely only get you disapproving looks from locals), leggings and jeggings are also frowned upon if worn without a long shirt or dress to cover your bottom half. Revealing swimwear is also discouraged and bikinis should only be worn on private beaches and at hotel pools.
Dress code for men in Dubai
Even though it is a more relaxed country than most, Dubai still has its rules. Men should wear collared shirts, even outside of business meetings. Short pants and jeans are acceptable, as are shorts in tourist areas. However, avoid wearing muscle shirts or ripped jeans and avoid wearing shorts at mosques or religious sites. Also, men should avoid singlets (sleeveless shirts) and shirts with no collars.
As for shoes, again men can wear casual shoes but usually, flip-flops are not acceptable (except on the beach). In some places where you want to look smart, you may even be asked to remove your shoes before entering a person’s home or a place of worship.
Dress code in Dubai for visiting mosques
Female visitors need to cover their heads and wear long sleeves and skirts or trousers. This is of significant importance when visiting a mosque while shopping in souks or even when dining at a restaurant. Women are also required to dress modestly at all times, so be sure you’re wearing clothes that aren’t too revealing such as backless tops, crop tops, or miniskirts.
Men must wear trousers that cover the ankles and long sleeves; shorts are a no-no.
Tight clothing isn’t permitted either; swimsuits should be worn only on beaches and around pools; flip flops are only allowed on the beach, not out in town; and transparent clothing should be saved for home.
Dress code for going out at night in Dubai
Unless you are going to a specific place that requires formal wear, Dubai is a casual city. While locals may choose more modest attire, especially when in the more conservative sheikhdoms of Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain, visitors can wear western-style clothing here. It’s best to dress comfortably and in a way that suits your particular style of travel. Comfortable shoes are recommended since there is a lot of walking on uneven surfaces and lots of sand along the beaches. Flip-flops aren’t recommended because they can be difficult to walk in on loose sand or gravel surfaces.
While it’s true that alcohol sales are restricted to bars, clubs, restaurants, and hotels (but not liquor stores), Dubai is not dry like some other Middle Eastern cities. It’s legal for tourists over 21 to drink alcohol as long as they do so responsibly! If you plan on imbibing while on your trip, make sure your hotel has an active liquor license before you order a cocktail at the poolside bar or restaurant after checking into your room for the night.
In general, Dubai residents are far more conservative than those living in Western cities—but this doesn’t mean travelers need to cover themselves from head to toe if they don’t want to, especially if visiting during extremely hot weather! However, it’s important for women traveling alone or with female friends to avoid revealing clothing (think bikini tops) at all times outside of private resort pools or beaches.
Dress code for working in Dubai
There’s no need to dress up, in fact, you should dress down because Dubai is a very conservative society. You can wear business attire or even smart casual clothes to work.
When it comes to dressing up, don’t worry too much; Dubai is a very conservative society and women are discouraged from dressing in a way that may cause them to be harassed by the general public or police authorities. What this means is that there is no need for high heels or tight clothing as these types of garments do not look classy nor do they suit the local culture of Dubai which is more modest than other parts of the world where women always seem to wear shorts and crop tops. It’s best if you bring business-style suits which are clean-cut and well laid out with shirts and ties but again, nothing too flashy so that you fit in more with the local culture!
Beachwear in Dubai
Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world are located in Dubai, and they’re definitely worth a visit. That said, it’s important to remember that you should wear modest beachwear as a sign of respect for the local culture. To make sure that you don’t get turned away at the door or cause any offense, here are some tips on what to wear when going to Dubai’s beaches:
- It’s best if your swimwear is not too revealing. If you want to avoid trouble on the beach then avoid bikinis that are too tiny or shorts (for men) that are too short. It may also be a good idea to keep your torso covered up with a rash vest or T-shirt.
- If you’re not sure about wearing your swimsuit alone, why not wear modest shorts with it? For example, if you have a bikini top then pair it with long bottoms for modesty and comfort (and sun protection!). A pair of baggy board shorts would be an ideal option for both men and women. The same goes for one-piece swimsuits — if you feel comfortable in them by themselves, but still want some extra coverage then add something like loose shorts over it without spoiling your look!
- Another idea is to wear your swimsuit with another piece of clothing over the top — this could be anything from an oversized T-shirt down to just wrapping yourself up in towels until people stop staring!
What to wear in Dubai as a woman
You should also wear loose-fitting garments, such as baggy trousers, long skirts or dresses. The most important rule to remember is to cover your shoulders and knees at all times. If you’re wearing a skirt, you should make sure that it falls below the knee.
Try to avoid wearing short skirts, tight clothes, and transparent fabrics when going out in public. Sleeveless tops are also frowned upon by some people in Dubai, so it’s best not to wear them if you don’t want to attract too much attention.
It’s also advisable not to wear clothes that are too revealing when visiting Dubai because they could cause offense and lead you into trouble with the authorities. Low-cut tops and blouses should be avoided at all costs because they could cause embarrassment for both parties involved if someone shows disapproval of your clothing choice by pointing or staring at you in the street.
What to wear in Dubai for males
If you’re planning on visiting Dubai, it’s important that you pack the right clothes. The city has a specific dress code to adhere to, and while it’s a very welcoming place, there are certain things that should be avoided when dressing so as not to offend the local culture.
It’s important that you dress appropriately in order to avoid being fined or turned away by businesses. Dress standards are particularly strict for visitors, so make sure that you always check what the rules are before making your trip. For men, this means wearing shirts with sleeves that cover your shoulders and upper arms, trousers or shorts that end at knee length or longer (shorts are acceptable for men but must be long enough), covering your chest area at all times, wearing shoes that completely cover your feet and avoiding swimwear in public outside of designated beach areas.
What to wear to the Dubai desert safari
The Dubai desert safari is one of the most popular activities in this Emirati city. To have a memorable time on the safari, you need to be prepared for the Dubai heat and sun. Fortunately, this will also help you to look stylish!
On your adventure in the desert, you should wear cool, loose-fitting clothes and comfortable shoes. If you are going to be riding a camel, for example, it is best not to wear jeans as they can chafe. The desert can get very hot during the day so consider wearing white or other light colors which reflect more light than darker ones (which absorb more heat).
A headscarf is essential if you want protection from the sun! You should also bring plenty of water with you on your tour.
Remember that when visiting any mosque in Dubai (including Jumeirah Mosque), women must cover their heads with a headscarf; otherwise, it may not be possible for them to enter.
What to wear to Dubai airport
Although this tip might sound obvious, you’d be surprised by the number of people who turn up at the airport wearing a suit or dress. Instead, opt for comfortable clothes that are easy to take on and off. Layers are perfect as they are easy to remove during security checks and put back on before you get cold!
In addition, make sure your pockets are empty. If you can avoid wearing belts or any metal pieces, such as jewelry or watches, that would help too. You also want to make sure your shoes will come off easily as well to avoid untying them at the security line. It’s better for both yourself and those waiting behind you in line if you don’t wear anything that has to be untied. Be prepared for some scrutiny from security staff if you’re carrying large electronics in your luggage and remember to not lock any bags before going through security so it’s easier for them to check what’s inside without breaking them open later.
What to wear in Aquaventure Dubai
The Atlantis Dubai Aquaventure is a lush waterpark with innumerable rides and slides in the middle of the desert. It is a top tourist attraction in the city, so you will be surrounded by visitors from all over the world who are also eager to have a good time. To ensure that you enjoy yourself to your maximum potential, make sure that you wear something comfortable and functional for a day of splashing about:
The best thing to wear at this place are swim trunks or swim shorts—it’s one of those places where everyone knows that your main purpose there is swimming and having fun.
You should also bring along an extra change of clothes, which can be useful if you want to stop for lunch or dinner after an exhausting afternoon of sliding down water slides. The place has many cafes and restaurants where you can enjoy a hearty meal before heading back home.
A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion, or lip balm will all help protect you from harmful UV rays during the hours spent out in the sun.
What to wear in Atlantis Dubai Tips
The general dress code at Atlantis The Palm, Dubai is smart and casual. For example, t-shirts with short sleeves are acceptable. However, most restaurants in Atlantis The Palm require you to follow a more formal dress code.
Men: Shorts or jeans with a collared shirt and closed-toe shoes.
Women: Dresses, skirts or jeans with a blouse. (No swimsuits.)
What to wear for Dubai to get brunch
The dress code for a Dubai brunch is a tricky one, as people’s opinions on what is acceptable vary widely. However, the best way to ensure that you will not be turned away from any venue is to opt for smart casual attire. This could mean jeans and a nice top, or shorts and a t-shirt; in essence, anything you would wear out to dinner or drinks with friends at home will suffice. You do not need to dress up; however, if you do so you can be guaranteed that you will have no problems with the dress code at any given venue. It is important to remember also that although some venues may have strict dress codes–such as no shorts, flip flops, or tank tops–these are not necessarily reflective of the Dubai brunch culture in general; rather they are likely just attempts by management to attract a specific clientele. For women specifically, there is no need to wear abayas or headscarves unless specifically stated on the venue’s website.
What to wear in Dubai for business
Before day one in the office, you should have a basic understanding of how to dress. While most business attire is similar across countries and cultures, Dubai has its own set of rules.
Dress for Success
- Modest Is Hottest: When it comes down to it, be modest in your clothing selection. It’s still an important part of Dubai’s culture that men wear long pants and women wear pants or dresses that reach at least knee-length.
- Don’t Overdo Casual: One thing you may notice about the way people dress in Dubai is that they are well put together (at least those who work in an office). In other words, there is no need to overdress but underdressing is not appropriate either.
- Make Your Clothes Work For You: Another important note on dressing in Dubai is that your clothing must also be comfortable enough for you to do your job properly. If you have to worry about your clothes then you won’t be able to focus on what really matters which is performing well at work!
What to wear for camel riding in Dubai
Learn to ride camels, try camel milk and help make cheese while you are visiting this land of mystery. You can visit the camel farm and learn about the life cycle of these gentle creatures. The camel safari will take you through the desert for a one-hour ride. Take your camera and see if you can capture these majestic creatures on film. It is recommended that you wear long pants, closed-toe shoes or boots, long sleeve shirt, hat or other head covering, sunglasses, sunscreen(a jacket or sweater for cold days), scarf (for dust), camera ; *Optional – small water bottle(can be purchased at souvenir shop).
It is also good to bring a light jacket if it’s cold outside when you go as well as sunscreen because there is little cover from the sun in desert areas
What to wear for dinner in Dubai
First, when it comes to what kind of outfit to wear for dinner in Dubai, the key is to be slightly more dressed up than you are for lunch. This means we’re still talking about an informal situation where you can wear something along the lines of a nice pair of cotton trousers with a tailored blazer or a shirt and slacks. For women, you can go with a beautiful dress that is not too revealing—may be one of your fancier pantsuits—and team it with some killer heels.
For men, if you want to go super casual, you can opt for simple chinos and a button-down shirt without any tie or pocket square. And as always, only take off your jacket when asked by staff at the restaurant if you’re in doubt about removing it. If it’s the formal night at your hotel (every hotel has one), I recommend that men dress up in cocktail suits rather than tuxedos (unless this is your thing) while women look gorgeous in their best LBDs (little black dresses).
What to wear in Dubai as a tourist
It is important to be respectful of the culture you are visiting. Dubai is a Muslim country and the people who live there are very proud of their culture.
- It is best to wear modest clothing as dress standards tend to be conservative across Dubai.
- Short shorts and short skirts should be avoided—no matter how hot it gets!
- Avoid wearing clothes with offensive slogans or anti-Islamic slogans.
- To avoid unnecessary attention, avoid wearing see-through clothing, too much make-up, or tight and revealing clothes.
What to wear for the Dubai desert safari
- Wear comfortable clothing. You’ll want to wear loose, flowing clothing, especially if you’re planning on doing activities like dune bashing during your desert safari trip.
- Wear closed-toe shoes. To protect yourself from potential burns and abrasions, be sure to wear closed-toe shoes on your desert safari trip.
- Bring sunscreen and sunglasses. Sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the bright sun, while sunscreen will help prevent sunburns—both are essential for any outdoor activity in Dubai.
- Bring a hat and a bandana. A hat with a wide brim is ideal for blocking out harmful UV rays (and helping you stay cool), while a bandana can be useful if you need to cover your face from blowing sand or dust storms that can occur during certain times of the year in Dubai.
Is there a dress code for Burj Khalifa?
There is no dress code for visiting Burj Khalifa, but you should wear modest clothing. This means that women should not wear mini skirts, shorts, or tight skirts. Tops that expose the midriff are also not allowed. Men should wear long pants and shirts with sleeves.
What to wear to Dubai miracle garden
- Dress Modestly: The Miracle Garden is a public place where tourists and locals come to relax and enjoy the beauty of more than 45 million blooming flowers. On these occasions, it’s important to dress modestly so that your clothing does not cause any offense to other visitors.
- Don’t wear strappy sandals or shoes: The major part of the garden is on sandy terrain, so you need to be careful that you don’t get unwanted sand in your shoes. So avoid wearing strappy or open-toed sandals. Instead, wear closed-toe footwear like sneakers or trainers.
- Don’t wear swimwear: Wear regular clothing while visiting the Miracle Garden because this isn’t a public beach or swimming pool. However, if you’re planning to take a dip in very hot weather then make sure to bring your own swimsuit along with your towel as there are no changing facilities in the garden. Also, avoid wearing revealing clothes because Dubai is a conservative Muslim country that strictly adheres to its rules for dressing modestly
What do female tourists wear in Dubai?
While the locals in Dubai are highly tolerant of tourists, it’s still best to dress modestly. This means covering your shoulders and knees – including at the beach. For women’s swimwear, modest is best, so avoid bikinis that are too skimpy. If you’re not sure what to wear, check out these helpful tips:
- Choose loose-fitting clothing for comfort in Dubai’s hot climate.
- When visiting religious places like mosques or churches (Catholic Church of St Mary), avoid wearing revealing clothing such as strapless tops or short shorts.
- Swimwear is fine at tourist beaches or hotel pools but keeps it covered up when you’re in public areas like malls or restaurants – this includes avoiding “beachwear” clothing like tank tops and flip flops.
What should you not wear in Dubai?
Many travelers find that the strict, conservative ways of Dubai are an alluring part of the appeal when visiting, as it’s so different from going to a big city like Tokyo or New York. If you find yourself planning a trip to Dubai, keep in mind that there are many restrictions on what can and cannot be worn while in the city. As a rule of thumb, it is best to dress more modestly than you would in your home country and always err on the side of caution. This means covering up any bare skin, though not completely cloaking yourself beneath heavy garments.
While Dubai does welcome tourists and there are certain areas where the Western dress is tolerated (and even expected), it is still important to understand some rules about what should not be worn in public.
Can you wear skinny jeans in Dubai?
First, it should be noted that Dubai is a Muslim city and modest dress is encouraged across the board. What you wear to the beach will likely not work for an upscale restaurant or a visit to the mall.
While skinny jeans are generally acceptable, you should avoid jeans that are too tight or revealing. To keep your look appropriate for this conservative country, choose looser-fitting pants like culottes or harem pants. If you decide to wear your skinny jeans, pair them with a long shirt or tunic that comes below your knees.
Can you wear ripped jeans in Dubai?
Be sensible when wearing ripped jeans. For example, you could wear a pair of jeans with a small tear on the knee to the beach or to an informal restaurant, but not to work. You can’t wear those same torn jeans when visiting someone in their home, either. The local culture is important and you should be respectful of it.
If you’re wondering what are other good clothing options for Dubai’s climate, then keep reading!
Is it compulsory to wear a hijab in Dubai?
You will not be required to wear a hijab in Dubai. That said, there are a few exceptions. If you are visiting a mosque (of which there are many), it is customary for women to cover their hair and avoid wearing any revealing clothing. Hijab is completely optional for tourists, but you may understand why some choose to wear it in order to respect local customs. If you’re visiting one of the Grand Mosque of Jumeirah Mosque, make sure that you bring an appropriate scarf with you so that you can cover your hair before entering the premises.
If you forget your scarf, don’t worry! You will probably be offered one by someone from the mosque when coming into the main hall.
Can you show your shoulders in Dubai?
A very common question I get asked a lot by my friends, family, and readers is, ‘can you show your shoulders in Dubai?’. The answer is YES! If you are at a hotel or on the beach or at the pool, it is completely fine to show your shoulders.
However, if you are visiting any religious site or a mosque you should cover your shoulders and wear clothes that cover below your knees.
Be modest and you won’t run into any problems.
You won’t have to worry about getting your dress police-ed when you visit Dubai. The dress code is very relaxed in most parts of the city, but remember that it’s still a Muslim country and dressing modestly will help you avoid any issues. Even if you’re on holiday, it’s important to respect the local customs and dress conservatively if you want to blend in with the locals.
Women can pretty much wear anything they want as long as it isn’t too revealing (no navels or cleavage) or doesn’t have any offensive slogans or images written on it. You’ll also want to stay away from shorts (you can get away with them if you’re closer to the beach) or tight clothes, especially when out in public places like shopping malls. If you’re going on a desert tour then be sure to also pack long pants and a scarf for when you enter mosques as well as for desert safaris.
Other posts you might enjoy next: