Overall, festivals are a great way to enjoy music, food, and culture.
They are also a great opportunity to experiment with your makeup.
With so many different things going on at a festival, it is important to choose a makeup look that will complement your outfit and help you stand out in the crowd.
Why Festival Makeup Is So Popular
You may be wondering why festival makeup is so popular. After all, you can find plenty of tutorials online that teach you how to create a look for any occasion. But there’s something about festival makeup that sets it apart from other types of looks–and it has less to do with the products used and more with the purpose behind them.
Festival beauty looks are unique because they’re often created with an emphasis on creativity and expression rather than just looking good in photos or on social media. The fact that there are so many people at festivals means there will be plenty of opportunities for photo ops (and even better ones if you’re wearing something really cool). Plus, if someone takes your picture at a festival and shares it on Instagram or Twitter, then everyone will see how awesome your outfit was!
Tips for Achieving the Perfect Festival Look
- Start with a good base.
- Use bold colors that are bold and bright, but not too dark.
- Layer on glitter and gems to add some extra sparkle to your look!
Choosing the Right Makeup for Your Skin Tone
- Light skin tones: If you have light skin, it’s best to go with a natural look that doesn’t draw too much attention to the face. Try using a foundation that matches your skin tone and then apply bronzer or blush to give yourself some color.
- Medium skin tones: For medium-toned faces, it’s best to keep things simple when it comes to makeup application. You can choose any shade of eyeshadow as long as it complements your outfit and doesn’t clash with other pieces in your outfit (such as earrings).
- Darker complexions: If you have darker complexions, try using bold colors like reds or blues on the eyes instead of traditional neutrals like browns or blacks; they’ll really stand out against darker skin tones!
How to Create a Festival-Ready Face
- Eyeshadow (optional)
- Mascara (optional)
- Eyeliner (optional) 7 Lip color
The Best Products for Festival Makeup
The best products for festival makeup are those that can withstand heat, sweat, and the elements. Here are some of our favorites:
- Long-lasting foundations. A good foundation will keep your skin looking fresh even after a long day of dancing in the sun. It’s also important to find one that has SPF so you’re protected from harmful UV rays!
- Glitter eyeshadows. These are perfect for adding some extra sparkle to your look (and making it easy on yourself). Just swipe them on with your finger or an eyeshadow brush–no need for messy brushes here!
- Lip glosses with SPF protection built right into them! This way you don’t have to worry about reapplying every hour or two like some other lip products might require; just put this one on once at home before heading out and forget about it until later in the evening when everyone else has lost theirs somewhere along their journey through time & space…
How to Apply Festival Makeup
- Eyeshadow (in the crease, outer corner of your eye and on the lid).
- Mascara for lashes that are curled and voluminous! If you want to go for a bold look, add eyeliner on top of your bottom lash line too! For lips, choose a matte lip color that’s not too dark or bright so it doesn’t compete with all of your other makeup choices–a light pink or nude shade works best here!
Festival Makeup Trends to Try
Festival makeup is all about bold colors, dramatic eyes and graphic liner. Here are some of our favorite festival makeup looks to try:
- Graphic eyeliner. This look is all about drawing lines across your lids that are as thick or thin as you want them to be. You can even add a winged shape at the outer corner of each eye if you want to go for an extra dramatic effect!
- Holographic glitter. Glitter is one of those things that looks good on everyone and it’s especially popular at festivals because it adds sparkle without being too overwhelming for daytime wear (you know how much we love our glitter). Try using a cream base underneath before adding powder highlighter overtop for extra shine–it’ll make any outfit pop in the sun!
Tips for Making Your Festival Makeup Last
- Set your makeup with a setting spray.
- Use waterproof products for the most longevity, but be prepared to touch up throughout the day if you don’t want to look like a raccoon by nightfall.
- If you’re going to be out in the sun all day (and why wouldn’t you?), wear sunscreen underneath your foundation!
Tips for Removing Festival Makeup
- Oil-based cleansers: Oil-based cleansers work best on waterproof makeup, so if you’re looking for a product that will remove your waterproof mascara and eyeliner, this is the way to go. Some of my favorites include coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Micellar water: Micellar water is another favorite of mine because it’s easy to use and gentle on sensitive skin types like mine! Just apply it with a cotton ball (or cotton pad) and swipe away!
- Cleansing wipes: These are great if you want something quick and easy–just wipe away any excess makeup from your face with one of these babies! They come in all different scents too, so if you’re looking for something more than just plain old soap smell then definitely check out some of these options!
Inspiration for Festival Makeup
If you’re not a fan of following celebrities on Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube tutorials are great places to find inspiration. You can also check out the makeup looks at your favorite festivals–many artists have their own channels that they use to document their work in progress and behind-the-scenes footage.
Thanks for reading and we hope you found this article helpful.