If you’re hosting a party, it’s best to avoid the temptation of serving all-dessert or all-fried foods. Instead, make sure there are healthy options available. Here are some suggestions:
Healthy Party Foods
- Vegetable platter with hummus and crackers
- Fruit platter with yogurt dip
- Veggie tray with ranch dressing or hummus
- Grilled cheese sandwiches (for kids) and veggie pizza (for adults)
- Carrot sticks with peanut butter or cheese spread
The best party food is the kind that is easy to make and doesn’t require hours in the kitchen. This list of healthy party snacks is a great place to start.
Fruit and Veggies
Serve fruit kabobs, cut up vegetables with ranch dip or hummus, and make your own fruit salad from scratch with a variety of berries, peaches, nectarines (or other stone fruits), and melon.
Packaged baked goods can be tempting, but there are lots of healthier options out there. Try making your own oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or cornbread muffins instead of buying them at the store. If you want something a little more decadent, try making homemade brownies using natural sweeteners!
Hummus and Pita Chips
There’s nothing wrong with serving up classic hummus with some pita chips — they’re both delicious! But you can also get creative with unique flavors like roasted red pepper hummus or roasted tomato hummus. You can even make an appetizer out of these tasty treats by cutting them into bite-sized pieces before serving guests. If you want something crunchy but not fried or su
When you’re planning a party, you want to make sure that your food is delicious, healthy and that it goes well with the theme of the party. You can make healthy party foods that are also delicious by choosing from these recipes or making up your own.
- Appetizers: These are usually finger foods that you can eat while standing up so they’re perfect for parties. You can make them healthier by using whole wheat breads instead of white breads and low-fat cheese instead of regular cheese.
- Salads: These are also a great option if you’re planning on having a party in the summer because they don’t require cooking or heating up in the oven. Just make sure that you include salad dressing made with olive oil instead of cream sauces that are high in fat and calories.
- Finger Foods: Finger foods are small portions of food served on toothpicks or skewers which makes them easy to eat while standing up or walking around at a party. You can find plenty of recipes online for healthy finger foods like fruit kebabs and vegetable kabobs which will add some variety to your menu without taking away from its healthiness.
Most of us have a party to attend at some point during the year. Whether it’s a birthday party or an anniversary celebration, it’s always nice to take a dish and share your culinary skills with others. But what are the best party foods?
The key to any good party is making sure you have something for everyone — from those who love sweets to those who prefer savory dishes. Here are some ideas for healthy party food that will please everyone at your next event:
Appetizers: It’s always nice to start off with something light, like chips and salsa, cheese cubes or fruit skewers. If you’re entertaining a crowd, try making a batch of hummus or guacamole ahead of time so it will be ready when people arrive. You can also make baked brie in advance, which is delicious served with crackers and strawberries or apples slices.
Salads: Most people think salads are boring, but they’re actually one of the easiest things to make at home! You can make homemade dressing with ingredients like vinegar and oil or lemon juice and seasonings like salt and pepper. For an extra special touch you could even add nuts or croutons to your salad mix before serving it up!
Having a party can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips on how to avoid the stress and enjoy your party.
Have a Plan
Before you start inviting people over, decide what kind of party you want to throw: Will it be a cocktail party or will it be more casual? How big do you want it to be? Do you want a theme or not? Having a plan will help keep things organized and make your life easier on the day of the party.
Plan Your Appetizers
Appetizers are always important at parties, but they can be tricky because people often arrive at different times. You don’t want your first guests hungry or starving because they waited too long for food. Try out these easy appetizers that can be made ahead of time: mini burgers with cheese and bacon, stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs and more!
Get Creative with Food Presentation
One of the easiest ways to get creative with food presentation is by using disposable serving ware like paper plates and cups! But if you want something that looks more upscale, try using glassware instead. Glasses make everything look so much more elegant! You can also add fun touches like flowers in glasses or fruit skewers