Long skirts are just as versatile as short ones, but you need to know how to style them so they don’t look frumpy or outdated. The key is finding the right length, which is usually knee-length or longer.
How To Wear Long Skirts Without Looking Frumpy
But if you’re not sure where to start, we’re here to help. We’ve rounded up our favorite long skirts that can be worn with almost anything (including your favorite pair of sneakers). Just keep reading below!
A long skirt is one of the most versatile pieces in your closet. It works for both casual and formal occasions, and can be worn with anything from a sweater to a blouse and heels or flats.
The trick to wearing long skirts without looking frumpy is to keep your accessories simple. A pair of simple earrings, a light cardigan and ballet flats are all you need to complete the look.
How To Wear Long Skirts Without Looking Frumpy:
- Choose a skirt that hits right above your knee or below it. Anything longer than that risks looking frumpy, especially if you’re petite.
- Don’t wear a belt with your long skirt unless it’s absolutely necessary for holding up your top! Belts draw attention away from your waistline, which makes it look larger than it actually is. If you must wear a belt (because there’s no way your shirt will stay tucked in), choose one that has thin stripes or other small details rather than one with large buckles or buttons on it.
- Don’t wear tights with your skirt unless it’s freezing outside! Tights make legs look shorter and thicker than they really are — two things we want to avoid when wearing long skirts
Skirts are the most feminine and girly of all clothing items, but that doesn’t mean that you have to wear them in a frumpy way. Skirts can be worn in so many different ways, and they can look super-cute with high heels or sneakers. Here are some tips on how to wear long skirts without looking frumpy:
- Don’t wear tights with skirts if it’s warm out
- Wear skirts with flats instead of heels when you’re running errands or going on a date
- Pair them with pants or shorts for an edgy look
- Wear a long skirt with a cropped top for an even cuter outfit
If you’re not a fan of long skirts, we understand. They can be harder to style than their slightly shorter counterparts, and they don’t always flatter your body type. But if you’re ready to give the skirt another chance, we have some tips for making it work for you!
- Choose the Right Length
First things first: You need to find a skirt that actually works with your body type. If you’re short, avoid floor-length skirts unless they fall just above or just below your knee. If you’re tall, stick with midi or maxi lengths — anything floor-length will make you look even taller than normal!
If you’re in the mood for a long skirt, but don’t want to look frumpy, here are some tips.
- Wear heels with your long skirt. If you’re not comfortable with heels, wear wedges or flats instead. The point is to create a long and lean silhouette with your outfit, so that your legs appear longer than they actually are. A pair of pumps or platform wedges will do the trick.
- Choose a solid color over patterns and prints when wearing a long skirt. Patterns can make you look shorter while solids elongate your body and make it more flattering on your figure.
- Pair a long sleeve top with your skirt for an extra dose of femininity and sophistication! You can opt for either a button up blouse or a cute sweater – whatever makes you feel good in them!
- Wear heels over socks if wearing boots sounds like too much of a hassle for you! Socks will keep your feet warm (especially during winter), while heels give off an elegant vibe that complements any outfit!
You don’t need to be a supermodel to wear a long skirt. It’s all about finding the right style.
Here are some tips for wearing long skirts:
- Choose a long skirt that fits your body type.
- Wear the right shoes with it.
- Make sure your top matches the color of your skirt, or at least complements it.
- Don’t wear anything too revealing or too tight-fitting underneath, unless you want people to see it!
- Wear accessories like boots and jackets to add some flair and make it more fashionable.
You can wear long skirts with confidence. You just need to know how to do it right!
If you’re wearing a long skirt, make sure it’s the right length. If it’s too short, you’ll look frumpy and dowdy. If it’s too long, you’ll look like a nun — or more likely, a runaway from a convent.
The ideal length for most women is between ankle-length and mid-calf. A lot of people are afraid to wear longer skirts because they think they’re going to trip over them, but this is actually less likely than in shorter skirts: As long as you don’t step on the hem and come down with a thud, there’s no reason why this should happen at all! So if you want to wear a long skirt but are afraid of tripping over it, don’t be — just keep your eyes open and walk carefully!
If you’re worried about tripping over your skirt and want something that won’t drag on the floor when walking (or even sitting down), try wearing one with an elastic waistband and/or drawstring ties at the bottom hem so that you can adjust how tight or loose it fits around your hips. This will also make
You might be tempted to think of long skirts as an item to wear only on the most formal of occasions. But the truth is that long skirts are actually great for everyday wear, especially if you’re looking for a little extra coverage in summertime heat. Long skirts can be made from lightweight fabrics like silk and chiffon, which are perfect for hot weather. They also come in a variety of styles and colors, so you can find one that fits your personal taste.
So if you’re tired of wearing pants all the time, consider adding a long skirt to your wardrobe. Here’s how:
- Find a Comfortable Length For Your Body Type
The length of your skirt depends on your body type and how much leg coverage you want to show off. If you have short legs, try wearing a midi-length skirt instead of a maxi-length one (which may make your legs look shorter). And if you’re tall, go for a midi or maxi length; don’t worry about showing off too much leg because it will elongate your frame anyway!
For many women, the idea of showing off their legs can be daunting. But it doesn’t have to be! Here are some tips for wearing a long skirt that will help you feel confident and look fabulous.
- Choose Your Skirt Wisely
Not all skirts are created equal! The best skort is one that’s designed especially for your body type, with a comfortable waistband, plenty of room in the hips and thighs, and just enough length to cover your bum. Plus, if you’re short-waisted or pear-shaped then they’ll give you extra support around your chest area too.
- Wear A Body-Conscious Top
Make sure your top is fitted but not too tight or revealing – this will ensure that your skirt isn’t competing with it for attention! If you’re worried about looking frumpy, choose something with a high neckline or use accessories like scarves to create drama around your neckline. To complete the look try styling with ballet flats or sandals for a more casual vibe or add some heels for an evening out!
A long skirt is a timeless piece of clothing that can be worn with a variety of tops and shoes. However, if you are struggling to find the perfect way to wear your long skirt, it can feel like an overwhelming task. This article will give you some tips on how to wear your long skirts in a stylish way.
- Keep Your Top Simple
The most important thing when wearing a long skirt is keeping your top simple so that it doesn’t compete with your skirt. If you have a plain shirt, t-shirt or tank top, then pair it with your favorite denim jacket or cardigan to make it look more interesting. You could also wear some jewelry if you want something extra-special but again, don’t overdo it!
- Choose Shoes That Match Your Skirt
When choosing shoes for your outfit, try finding a pair that matches your skirt as closely as possible. This will make sure that everything fits well together without looking too busy or mismatched. If you’re not sure what shoes to choose, then go for flats such as ballet flats or loafers because they work well with most outfits!