St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to get together with friends and family, celebrate, and have a good time. The holiday can also be an opportunity to spread some positive messages, whether you’re celebrating on March 17 or any other day of the year. Whether you’re looking for St. Patrick’s Day quotes or ways to celebrate, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve gathered some of our favorite positive St. Patrick’s Day quotes, including inspirational sayings about being Irish and more general ones about friendship, love and more.
St. Patrick’s Day is a day to celebrate all things Irish. While the holiday is celebrated worldwide, it is particularly popular in America.
St Patrick’s Day is a national holiday in Ireland, so if you’re planning to celebrate on March 17th keep an eye on the weather. If there’s snow in Ireland it could affect travel plans.
The biggest St Patricks Day celebrations take place in Dublin and New York City, but there are other cities across the world that are worth visiting for St Patrick’s Day too.
Here is a list of the best St Patrick’s Day quotes.
- Ireland has not changed so much as they have been changed by it.
- The Irish are not a nation but a congeries of tribes, each with its own chief and its own gods, who must be placated before battle, after battle and at all times in between.
- The Irish are very good at making one feel welcome without having any idea who you are or why you’re there.
- As soon as we get past the idea that we can’t do something or get it done, then we can start making plans to do it and get it done!
- It isn’t what we don’t know that hurts us; it’s what we know that ain’t so . . . that’s what does us in!
- If you want to test a man’s character, give him power!
Check out some of these ideas for celebrating this holiday (and others) in a positive way:
“When you look at society today, most people want things that are materialistic — things like money, houses, cars and other material possessions. These things don’t last forever though; they break down easily and when something does go wrong with them it could cost hundreds or thousands of dollars just to fix them.” — Anonymous
“May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light.”
“May the luck of the Irish be with you.”
“Ireland is the best country in the world because it’s full of Irish people.”
“Too much of a good thing is wonderful.”
“Be generous with your smiles; you’ll find that they’re contagious.”
“Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.”
“May you have a blessed St. Patrick’s Day!”
St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday celebrated on March 17th. It is named for St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland.
St Patrick’s Day began as a religious feast day in Ireland, but it has become a worldwide cultural celebration of Irish heritage and an opportunity to wear green clothing and drink green beer.
Here are some positive St Patricks Day quotes:
“Everyone is Irish on St Patrick’s Day.” – George Bernard Shaw
“May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.” – Irish blessing
“There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Irish proverb
“The Irish are quick to help others who are in trouble or difficulty, but they seldom ask for anything for themselves.” – Bram Stoker (author)
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of St. Patrick’s Day:
• Eat green food, wear green clothes and drink green drinks.
• Before going out, make sure you know where you’ll be going and how to get there.
• If you plan on drinking alcohol, make sure you have a designated driver or other means of getting home safely.
• Remember that bars and restaurants may be crowded, so plan to arrive early or late in the evening to avoid crowds. This will help ensure that you have a pleasant experience celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year!
“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.”
-Irish blessing from The Quiet Man (1952)
“May you find happiness in the journey.”
-Irish blessing from The Quiet Man (1952).
The luck of the Irish is a cherished tradition that has been celebrated for centuries. But what are the best St. Patrick’s Day quotes? This article will reveal our picks for the top 10 positive St. Patrick’s Day quotes.
1) “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.”
2) “If you are looking for a beautiful day, don’t waste one waiting for it to happen.”
3) “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.”
4) “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.”
5) “It’s better to be happy than right.”
6) “The past cannot be changed; it can only be understood.”
7) “Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
8)”Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.”
St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
“May your best be yet to come.” – Irish Blessing
“May the luck of the Irish be with you.” – Irish Blessing
“May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.” – Irish Blessing
“A hundred thousand welcomes before ye came; But a hundred thousand more when ye depart.” – Irish Poem
“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, gives unconditionally, will support your decisions and encourages your hopes.” – Bethany Hamilton
- “I’m Irish. I have Irish characteristics, and I’m very proud of it.
- “I’m a big believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”
- “I’ve never been drunk in my life.”
- “There are two things that last: faith and hope, and hope does not last long.”
- “The Irish are the only people who have a home rule party in a foreign state.”