Not sure what to do on a date? Here are some ideas for dates that you can plan on your own!
Solo Date Ideas
Go for a walk.
Go to a museum.
Watch a movie in the theater, or at home with Netflix or Hulu Plus.
Play board games or video games.
Cook together and eat at home.
Play sports such as basketball, tennis or Frisbee golf (or just walk around outside).
How to Have a Solo Date Night
There’s a reason why couples need date night. It’s because it’s fun to spend time with your partner, and you get to share your life with someone else. But what about when you’re single? What do you do for date night then?
Why You Need Solo Date Nights
When you stay home on a Friday night in front of the TV or computer, you’re missing out on something important: alone time. Solo date nights are great for getting rid of some of that pent-up energy and frustration, and they can help you realize that there are plenty of fun things to do without having a significant other. And if you’re using these dates as an opportunity to meet new people or have casual sex, then all the better!
How Do I Find Someone To Go On A Date With?
If you find yourself struggling to find someone to go out on a date with, don’t give up hope just yet! There are plenty of ways to meet new people without having to go through all the trouble of dating apps or matchmaking services. Here are some ideas:
- Join an activity group that meets at least once per week in your local area (examples include hiking clubs, art classes
If you’re single and looking for a date, don’t despair. There are plenty of fun things to do on your own. Whether you’re a young adult or an older person, these solo date ideas will help you enjoy your time, meet new people and maybe even find romance.
- Go to the movies. Even if you don’t want to go alone, a movie theater is one of the best places to meet people. Take the opportunity to strike up conversations with others in line or at the concession stand. If you’re feeling shy, sit in the back row and try not to think about it too much — but if someone catches your eye, be bold and strike up a conversation!
- Volunteer at a local organization that interests you. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people while helping out those in need, gaining valuable experience for your resume or simply learning more about yourself by helping others achieve their goals. Find out what volunteer opportunities are available in your area by checking online or calling local organizations such as schools and churches; then pick something that sparks your interest and give it a try!
- Take photos around town with an instant camera or smartphone camera app like Hipstamatic Classic, which produces old-fashioned images similar
There are a lot of different ways to have a date night. You could go to dinner, see a movie, or go dancing. But sometimes, you need something different. Something that will make you laugh and have fun together.
If you’re looking for some new ideas, here are some great solo date ideas that you can do on your own:
Play board games. If you’re like me, then you grew up playing board games like Candy Land or Monopoly. It’s time to bring those back into your life! There are tons of fun games out there — even ones designed for adults.
Go bowling. Bowling is a great way to spend time with friends or family members (or both), but it can also be a fun solo activity if you want something low-key and relaxed. If you want to spice up your game night at home, take turns throwing strikes and spares — whoever gets the most points wins!
Go hiking/camping/hiking in general. It’s always nice to get outside and enjoy nature with someone else by your side, but sometimes it’s nice just being out there by yourself too! Try going on an early morning hike before work or after work in the evening so that no one else is around (unless
- Go on a picnic. Pack your favorite food, a blanket and some lawn chairs, and head to a nearby park or beach. You can also make it more fun by bringing along some of your favorite board games or cards!
- Play laser tag. If you’re looking for something fun and competitive, consider playing laser tag with your friends. It’s a great way to get exercise and have fun at the same time.
- Try out an escape room. If you’re looking for something challenging and exciting, consider trying out an escape room with your friends! Escape rooms are popular because they offer a unique challenge that requires teamwork, problem solving skills and critical thinking in order to complete them successfully. They can be great date ideas that are sure to leave you both feeling like winners!
- Go bowling together (or watch others bowl). Bowling is another great activity that can be enjoyed by both people who are very athletic as well as those who aren’t so athletic at all! Whether you decide to go bowling together or just watch others bowl from the sidelines, this is sure to be a memorable evening that will make for good memories later on down the road!
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and if you’re not in a relationship, it can be hard to find a good date. Luckily, there are plenty of fun and unique ideas for solo dates that will make your Valentine’s Day memorable.
Get creative! When in doubt, look online for inspiration. There are tons of great ideas out there on Pinterest, Instagram and other social media platforms that can help you plan your solo date night. Plan your outfit in advance so you can look good without spending too much time thinking about what to wear. Choose an outfit that doesn’t require too many decisions (or changes) during the night.
Pick one activity and stay focused on that all night long. If you want to go out to dinner and see a movie at the theater afterwards, don’t split up your activities into two separate nights or days — do both things at once! This way you’ll save money on transportation costs and also have more time with each other rather than rushing through everything you have planned for your date night.
If you’re going out to dinner at a nice restaurant, ask them if they have a private room available where no one else will be able to see or hear what goes on in there while they’re waiting for their food or after they’ve finished
Summer is a great time to spend time with yourself. Whether you’re exploring your city or catching up on your favorite TV shows, these solo date ideas are perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy being alone.
- Go on a hike
- Visit an art museum
- Take a cooking class
- Find a new music venue in town
- Watch the sunset at the beach
Going on a date can be an exciting experience. You get to spend time with someone you like, and it’s a great way to get to know each other better. But sometimes, it can also be intimidating — especially if you’re not sure what to do for fun on a date.
If you want your date to be fun and memorable, then you need to come up with something original that will make both of you happy.
Here are some ideas for solo dates:
Go hiking or camping. If you love the outdoors, then this is the perfect activity for a solo date. You can go hiking or camping alone or invite friends along if they have similar interests as you do. If they enjoy sketching or photography, then they would definitely appreciate seeing beautiful landscapes through your eyes!
Volunteer at an animal shelter or soup kitchen. Volunteering is always an excellent way to give back to the community while having fun at the same time. You can volunteer at your local animal shelter by walking dogs, cleaning kennels or helping out with any other tasks that need doing there. Or if you prefer working indoors, then volunteering at a soup kitchen will keep you busy all day long!
Go wine tasting at local wineries around
If you’re in a long-term relationship or married, it can be easy to get stuck in a rut. You’ve seen all the movies, eaten all the food, and done all the activities. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find new ways to spice up your relationship!
If you’re looking for some inspiration, we’ve put together this list of fun date ideas that are sure to bring out your adventurous side.
- Go see a movie at an old-time theater
- Take a hike through a forest preserve
- Go on a brewery tour
- Get lost in an escape room together
Here are some of the best date ideas for solo women:
Get a book from your local library and read it on a park bench. The key here is to find a comfortable place that’s private enough for you to relax and not feel like you’re being judged by others.
Go see a movie at the theater or rent one from Redbox or Netflix.
Go on a hike, walk through a nature trail or visit an art exhibit at a museum.
If you love photography, head to your local zoo or botanical garden and snap pics of animals and flowers with your phone’s camera.
Solo Date Ideas
It’s a known fact that dating can be expensive. Between the cost of dinner, drinks and show tickets, it’s easy to spend hundreds of dollars on one date. But what if you want to go out but don’t have someone to go with? What if you want to plan a “date night” but don’t have anyone to go with? Don’t worry — we’re here to help! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite solo date ideas that are sure to make your night memorable.
The best part about these solo date ideas is that they can also be enjoyed by couples as well! Whether you want something low-key or high-end, there is something for everyone in this list.
Solo date ideas are some of the best date ideas.
The main reason for this is that solo dates give you the opportunity to be yourself and relax with someone you like.
Solo dates are also great for people who aren’t comfortable with the idea of dating or who don’t have the time to date, but still want to meet new people.
No matter what your reason is for wanting to go on a solo date, there are plenty of ways you can make it fun and exciting.
Here are some ideas:
- Go to a concert or play by yourself. This can be as simple as going alone to see one of your favorite bands in concert, or it could mean going out to see a play or musical that you’ve been wanting to see but haven’t had time for yet. If you’re not sure where the nearest venue is, ask friends or family members if they know any good ones nearby that you could check out on your own.
- Go for a walk or hike in nature by yourself. This one can be especially nice if it’s nice outside! The great outdoors can be a wonderful place for anyone — even those who aren’t really “outdoorsy” — so why not take advantage of it?
There are so many solo date ideas out there, it can be difficult to know where to start. The best place to begin is with your interests and hobbies. If you love dance, use that as a starting point and see what kind of events are happening in your area. If you love hiking, try going on a hike by yourself and see how it goes.
If you’re feeling stuck, here are some other suggestions:
- Go to an art gallery or museum and look at the exhibits on your own.
- Go for a walk in nature or along a trail.
- Go window shopping and buy something nice for yourself or someone else (don’t forget to get a bag!).
- Get your hair done at a salon — even if it’s just a trim!
If you’re single and ready to mingle, it can be hard to know where to go on a date. Here are some ideas for solo dates that are sure to impress your date or friends:
- Take a cooking class together.
Cooking classes are a fun way to bond over food and learn new skills. You can even go with a group of friends and make it a party!
- Go wine tasting at a local winery.
Wineries usually offer tours and tastings of their latest wines. If you’re lucky, they’ll have snacks available too! If there isn’t one nearby, you can always go online and find one that delivers wine right to your door (or has stores that deliver).
- Go see a movie together.
This is another great way to spend time together without having to worry about making conversation or trying not to laugh at each other’s jokes (or lack thereof). You can even get tickets in advance so that you don’t have to worry about lines or crowds when the movie starts playing!
It’s Valentine’s Day, and if you’re single, it can be a hard day to get through. But there’s no reason why you can’t spend the day doing something fun and relaxing. Here are some ideas for how to spend Valentine’s Day all by yourself:
Watch a movie. Whether you want to curl up with a tub of popcorn or go out to the theater, watching a movie is always fun. Make sure you find something appropriate for both your taste and your mood — if you’re feeling sad, maybe skip the romantic comedy!
Bake something sweet for yourself. If you have an oven at home or access to one at work, why not bake something delicious? You may even want to do this with a friend — whether they’re single or not!
Take care of yourself. Many people focus on their significant others during this time of year and forget about themselves entirely. Make sure that you don’t neglect your own needs in favor of someone else’s! Take a long bath, get a massage, buy yourself some flowers… whatever makes you feel good!
Solo Date Ideas
Solo dates are the best! You get to do what you want, when you want, with no one telling you otherwise.
But sometimes, it’s nice to have a date night with someone else — even if it’s just your cat or dog. So how can you go on a date while still being alone? Here are some ideas:
Go see a movie by yourself.
Go see a play by yourself.
Go on a hike by yourself (and take pictures!).
Take photos at an art museum or garden by yourself. If you want company, bring along your phone and call someone to chat with while you’re there.
Play pool or darts at a bar or pub by yourself. If there aren’t any open tables at first, ask if you can play at one that isn’t in use yet; if that fails, just hang out near it until someone leaves so you can take over the spot — but don’t be pushy about it! While waiting for your turn to play, talk with whoever else is there or read their magazines while they are playing pool/darts so they don’t feel like they have to entertain you all night long just because they’re single too and all
It’s easy to get into the habit of going out with friends on a Friday night. After all, you can count on them to make plans, and they’ll even help you pay for your share of the tab. But if you’re looking to take your relationship with someone new to the next level, there’s no better way than an intimate date night in.
Here are some ideas for solo dates that are fun and easy:
- Take a walk around town.
- Go see a movie together and eat popcorn.
- Visit an art gallery or museum together.
- Cook dinner together at home, even if it’s something super simple like grilled cheese sandwiches or spaghetti bolognese.
- Play board games — Scrabble, Monopoly, Life — or video games like Wii Bowling or Rock Band/Guitar Hero (just make sure it’s not too competitive!).
If you’re ready to go on a date but want to do it alone, here are some ideas.
- Go to the library
- Take a walk and play Pokémon Go
- Do a puzzle or crossword
- Go to the park and feed the ducks
- Read your favorite book
- Watch an old movie or Netflix show
Solo date ideas can be hard to come by. If you’re the type of person who loves to go on dates and meet new people, then you may have a hard time finding someone to go out with. It’s not that there aren’t any single people in the world, it’s more likely that they’re all busy going on dates with other people.
Fortunately there are ways around this problem, and here are some great solo date ideas for you:
Go to a museum or art gallery
Some museums have free admission days or discounted tickets, so you can get in for less than $15 per person! Art galleries often have free days as well, so take advantage of those opportunities if you like visiting them.
Go bowling or mini golfing
Bowling alleys and mini golf courses are fun places to hang out alone or with friends, but they’re even better when you’re hanging out by yourself. They’re usually pretty casual places with affordable prices and lots of things to do. You can even rent a lane for an hour!
Watch movies at home
Now that you’ve been dating for a while, it’s time to take your relationship to the next level. You don’t have to plan an elaborate date night out — just get creative and enjoy each other’s company.
Plan a picnic in the park. Pack a basket with some snacks and drinks, then pick out a nice shady spot on a blanket or lawn chair. If you have kids, this is also a great way to spend time together as a family.
Make dinner together. Cooking together can be a fun activity that brings couples closer together. You can try something simple like making pizza or pasta, or go all out with something more complicated like beef Wellington (but make sure you have lots of wine).
Go bowling! Bowling is an easy way to spend time together without spending much money at all! Set up your own league with your friends or family members so you can compete against each other for bragging rights!
Go on a hike or walk through the woods together. Take some snacks along with you so you don’t run out of energy too quickly! Hikes are also great because they get your heart rate up and help you burn calories — bonus points if you burn more than 500 calories during your date!