Items to have in a capsule wardrobe
Capsule wardrobes are the hottest trend in fashion right now. If you’re not familiar with the term, it’s a wardrobe where everything you own is tailored to fit your specific lifestyle and style preferences. The idea behind a capsule wardrobe is that everything works together well and looks put-together at all times. This can be achieved through either buying a number of high quality items or by purchasing multiples of key pieces that you wear all the time (like black tops or denim).
Distressed Wardrobe Get it on Macys
What should you have in a capsule wardrobe
- A Trench Coat. Everyone needs a trench coat in their wardrobe, and you can wear it to work or for going out with friends. It’s the perfect staple piece for any capsule wardrobe, as it looks good with almost everything else that you own and is incredibly versatile.
- The Perfect jeans (a good fit and quality). I recommend investing in a pair of jeans that fit perfectly and are made from high quality materials that will last you over time – this means spending more money initially but saving money in the long run! You’ll find yourself wearing them often so they’re worth treating yourself to something nice every now and then!
- A Classic Blazer: Add one chic classic blazer into your capsule wardrobe if you want an edgier look than what would usually go well with jeans or trousers – just make sure its cut fits well so it doesn’t get overwhelming!’
A Chic Leather Jacket: A chic leather jacket isn’t just for the fashion forward – it’s also a staple piece in any wardrobe! You can wear it with jeans and a t-shirt, dress up your outfit with heels or pair one overtop of your favorite dresses when going out at night. This type of jacket looks good on everyone so invest today!’
How to build a capsule wardrobe
Sharing is caring! 51 shares Facebook Twitter Pinterest51 LinkedIn Email Print Introduction Spring is the season for renewal, and it’s no surprise that your meals should reflect this theme. A spring meal is one that utilizes fresh ingredients and is light yet satisfying. It’s also an opportunity to use up any leftovers you have in…
Once you’ve decided to start building your capsule wardrobe, here are the steps to follow:
- Start with the basics. Invest in a few well-made items that will last you for years and look good even after repeated wearings (or washings). The base of your capsule wardrobe should include a decent pair of jeans, a couple of t-shirts or button-downs, some cardigans or jackets and some simple pieces like tanks or camisoles. Make sure that these items fit well and are flattering on your body type so that they make it easy for you to put together outfits quickly.
- Buy one item at a time. Once you have these basic pieces in place, try adding new pieces slowly over time as needed—and only if they’re absolutely essential! This helps prevent buying too many things at once so as not to overwhelm yourself with changes too fast especially early on when it can be difficult getting used to wearing new clothes every day instead of old favorites every day… not without being tempted by them anyway because why wouldn’t we want our old friends back? And then how do we justify spending money on something different when all our life savings are tied up in this one thing? Take small steps over time rather than big leaps forward; change is hard enough without forcing ourselves into situations where we don’t belong yet but feel like we might someday soon enough so why bother waiting around any longer than necessary…?
1. A Trench Coat
A trench coat is a timeless piece that will never go out of style. You can find them in just about every color and pattern, so there’s no excuse not to have one! They’re also incredibly versatile—you can wear yours with jeans, skirts or dresses (the options are endless!).
The key to choosing the right trench coat is finding one that fits you perfectly. If you pick a size up, the sleeves might be too long and the body won’t fit snugly enough around your waistline; likewise if you go down a size from your usual size. Make sure that the length hits just below your knee cap when standing up straight—and don’t forget about layering underneath!
2. The Perfect jeans (a good fit and quality)
If you’re only going to have one pair of jeans in your capsule wardrobe, make sure that it’s the perfect pair for you.
- A good fit: The best way to find out if a pair of jeans fits is by trying them on. It’s not always easy to tell if they’ll fit until you put them on, so try more than one size – each brand will have different sizing charts and some brands might be better suited to your body type than others.
- Comfortable: If they’re uncomfortable, no matter how much money you spent on them or how many times they complimented your butt, they won’t stay in your closet for very long! They should feel like an extension of your body and make you feel confident as well as comfortable enough so that they don’t show every little flaw!
- Long lasting: To ensure longevity from day one (and avoid constant trips back into stores), make sure all zippers work smoothly without any snags or bumps along the way through each part including all pockets/pockets inside other pockets) because these places get worn down faster than anywhere else due to friction between different fabrics rubbing together which causes threads coming undone over time causing holes forming where stitches were once holding everything together perfectly fine before wearing away at first use; otherwise this happens early on when wearing new items made from poor quality materials which means replacing sooner rather than later even though it costs more money upfront; so keep looking till you find something worth investing in because it will last longer overall since less maintenance needed after purchase–which saves time too 🙂
* Jeans should be stylish: You want your jeans to look good and feel great too, but what if they’re not? Try finding a pair with different wash options so that you can change up your style. A jean jacket goes well in any season! * Jeans should be affordable: The price of denim varies widely depending on quality, brand name recognition, etc., but there are some great deals out there for those willing to shop around carefully (or wait until after-Christmas sales.)
3. A Classic Blazer
A blazer is a great way to dress up any outfit. It can be worn with a plain t-shirt and jeans, or it can be paired with a dress. You’ll find them at almost every store in your town and online.
When it comes to buying your first blazer, try looking for one that’s on sale or in your preferred price range (between $50-$100). A classic navy blazer will go with just about anything you already own and looks great whether you’re going out on the town or meeting friends for lunch.
A blazer is a great way to dress up any outfit. It can be worn over a plain t-shirt and jeans, or it can be paired with a dress. You’ll find them at almost every store in your town and online. When it comes to buying your first blazer, try looking for one that’s on sale or in your preferred price range (between $50-$100). A classic navy blazer will go with just about anything you already own and looks great whether you
4. A Chic Leather Jacket
Levi’s Women’s Faux Leather Belted Motorcycle Jacket, Get it on Amazon
- A leather jacket is a must-have in any capsule wardrobe. It can be worn with anything from jeans to skirts, dresses and trousers.
- The first thing to consider when purchasing a leather jacket is quality. You want something that will last you years and withstand wear and tear.
- Leather jackets are made from many different types of animal skin, including cowhide (the most common), lambskin, goatskin and pigskin. They’re also available in synthetic materials like polyurethane or PVC so they don’t have the same texture as real leather but still look similar from afar at casual glance.*
There are two main styles of jacket: bomber style (with long sleeves and dropped shoulders) or biker style (with shorter sleeves). Bomber jackets tend to be more fitted at the waist while biker jackets typically have higher waists.*
5. The Perfect Black Blouse – one that you will wear over and over again!
The Perfect Black Blouse is a wardrobe staple in every capsule collection. It can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. It’s the one item you will have to wear over and over again, because it will fit into any outfit that you pair it with! And best of all…it’s versatile!
So what makes The Perfect Black Blouse? We recommend something that is:
- A good quality fabric like silk or cotton – this gives your blouse longevity
- A perfect fit for your body type – if you love wearing black tops but find yourself constantly pulling them down because they are too big or small, then this could be the reason why…
The Perfect Black Blouse is the perfect item to add to your capsule wardrobe, because it will never go out of style and will become part of every outfit you own!
6. A Great White Tee – a good quality basic t-shirt that fits you perfectly
A great white tee is a wardrobe staple. It’s the perfect thing to throw on when you’re not sure what to wear, because it always looks good and is appropriate for any occasion.
A great white tee is made from high quality fabric that doesn’t lose its shape over time, so don’t worry about keeping up with trends or seasons. A well-made basic piece like this one should last you years!
A good quality basic t-shirt that fits you perfectly should be a staple in every woman’s wardrobe. A white tee is perfect for so many occasions and looks great with almost anything.
7. Black pants – a few pairs in different styles but all with the same color
Black pants are a great base for any capsule wardrobe. They’re versatile, stylish and professional, so they’ll help you look chic no matter where you go or what you’re doing.
However, when it comes to black pants, there’s more than one way to skin the proverbial cat: Jeans are the most obvious type of black pant that comes to mind—and they’re definitely an excellent choice for your capsule wardrobe! But there are other options as well: Trousers and corduroys can be just as chic as jeans if worn in the right way—and if you want even more style options for your capsule wardrobe (like a skirt or dress), then that opens up even more possibilities for wearing black pants too!
Ultimately though, I’d recommend sticking with either jeans or casual trousers when building out this section of your capsule wardrobe because those two styles are most easy-to-wear with any outfit choice from other sections of your closet; which means it’ll be extra useful when putting together outfits where everything else is already chosen but not necessarily designed specifically around those pieces’ specific characteristics (color/pattern etc.)
8. Skirts – pencil skirts, longer skirts, mini skirts (styles may come and go but the length will last forever) Choose your favorite length and a few different fabrics like jersey or cotton or denim
For skirts, I recommend choosing two or three different lengths. Depending on what you’re wearing them with and how you feel about yourself in them, your choices can vary from pencil skirt to knee length to full-on mini—but all of these will look great with any of the tops in your capsule wardrobe.
You can’t go wrong with a pencil skirt! They are universally flattering and come in a variety of fabrics including jersey or cotton or denim (which makes them perfect for summer). Choose two colorful skirts that fit perfectly around the waist and hips (this is true for all bottoms) but are loose enough at the hemline to fall nicely over your shoes without being too long.
9. Sweaters (a few different weights- cashmere, wool, cotton)
- Sweaters are a must. You need to have a few different weights and fabrics in your capsule wardrobe, so choose your favorite styles and colors. For example, I love cashmere because it’s soft against my skin, but wool is good for the winter months since it keeps me warm.
- Choose your favorite sleeve length—cap sleeves or three-quarter length sleeves? What about necklines? Crew neck or v-neck? Leave off embellishments entirely? There are many options available to you when selecting sweaters that will suit your personal style best.
**Note that this section is not teaching a skill (like how to knit), it’s simply encouraging people to buy a lot of sweaters.
10. Flats (classic pointed toe flats)
Pointed toe flats are your classic go-to shoe. If you want to be able to wear one pair of shoes with many different outfits, pointed toe flats are the way to go. They can be paired with jeans and a casual top, or dressed up with a formal dress and blazer. They’re comfortable enough for daily wear but also dressy enough for special occasions, making them one of the best wardrobe items out there.
Pointed toe flats are also a good choice for many seasons, especially spring and fall. They’re not too hot in the summertime but will keep your feet warm during colder weather as well
How to create your capsule wardrobe
- Plan out your capsule wardrobe. If you’re starting from scratch, this means making a list of the items you want to include in your capsule. If you already have a wardrobe that’s close to what you want and just need to make some adjustments, then it’s time to take stock of the clothes that are already in there.
- Make a list of all the things that will go into your capsule. This includes everything from shoes and bags to t-shirts and jeans (and everything else). It could also include jewelry, scarves or other accessories if those are important for your look!
- Make sure there aren’t any gaps in what was listed as “need”. Are there any items missing? Do they need replacing? Do they need upgrading? Or do they need getting rid of altogether?
- Gather all these items together so that they’re ready when it comes time for assembling the capsules–you’ll be able handle them with ease when it comes time!
If you’re putting together your first capsule wardrobe, start with a list of the things you want to include. It’s important to be deliberate about what goes into your capsule wardrobe because this is going to determine whether or not it’s successful for you. Make sure there aren’t any gaps in what was listed as “need”. Are there any items missing? Do they need replacing? Do they need upgrading? Or do they need getting rid of altogether? If you already have a wardrobe that’s
Capsule wardrobe tips
How to get the most out of your capsule wardrobe:
- Keep it simple. A well-curated capsule wardrobe will provide you with a variety of versatile, go-to pieces that can be worn in a multitude of ways. By keeping your selections streamlined, you can minimize time spent searching for outfits and maximize ease when dressing each day.
- Make sure it’s versatile. If you have a few pairs of jeans, make sure they’re all different cuts and colors so that no matter what the occasion is, one pair will work well for multiple outfits.
- Make sure it’s timeless. If a piece doesn’t age well over time or isn’t functional enough to last through several seasons (or years), then you may want to reconsider whether or not it should have a place in your closet at all—and if wearing something once every few weeks is worth investing in an item that might not be useful beyond this season or two at most!
- Try classic neutrals whenever possible since they’ll never go out of style
Don’t be afraid to mix and match, but keep in mind that you’ll want some pieces for your capsule wardrobe. A white shirt is a good example because it can be paired with anything and still look great. Choose items that are functional and timeless, so they can carry you through multiple seasons of use without aging poorly over time.
How many items make up a capsule wardrobe?
While there is no exact number of items required for a capsule wardrobe, it’s safe to say that most people have fewer than 50 pieces in their closet. In fact, some experts recommend starting with only 20 items of clothing. You can always add new clothes over time as needed (and as your budget allows).
The best thing about having less clothing is that it frees up time! Instead of spending hours trying to figure out which outfit goes best with your work pants and black heels from last season, you can spend that time doing something else—like finishing off your novel draft or going on a date night with the love of your life.
What should be in a woman’s capsule wardrobe?
In order to have a properly stocked capsule wardrobe, it’s important to have a few different styles of pants, a few different styles of sweaters and jackets, a few different styles of shoes and tops.
In order to make sure that you have all the basics covered in your wardrobe there are some items that are essential for every woman’s closet:
- A pair of jeans or two (depending on how fancy you want to get)
- A few pairs of shorts or skirts
- A couple dresses for work/going out
The capsule wardrobe is the ultimate in minimalism and efficiency. It’ll force you to be efficient when choosing what to wear, but it will also help you save money because you’ll have fewer clothes that need replacing. For example, if you only buy one pair of new shoes every other year then your whole wardrobe could last longer than buying five pairs every two years. And finally, if something wears out or gets ruined then it won’t take as long for your closet to feel like it’s full
How do you start a capsule wardrobe from scratch?
- Start with the basics. You need to have a few key pieces in your wardrobe that you can build around. Think about what you will wear the most and what you will wear the least, and then start with those items first. This will help make sure that everything else fits into place, so to speak.
- Think about how versatile each piece is—and how many different ways it can be worn throughout the seasons and various activities (work, play, etc). For example: a basic white button-down shirt is great for layering over other shirts or tanks during summer months; it can also be worn under sweaters or cardigans during cooler weather; it’s even nice paired underneath blazers for extra warmth!
If this seems overwhelming at first—don’t worry! As with anything new there will be some trial and error before getting used to things but once these concepts become second nature creating outfits from scratch becomes easier than ever!
The capsule wardrobe is a great way to simplify your life, save money and stay stylish.
Takeaway: Capsule wardrobes are the new trend in fashion!