Look up the address of the Starbucks you’re interviewing at.
If you’re interviewing for a job at Starbucks, there are plenty of factors to consider when deciding what to wear. The dress code varies considerably between locations, positions and even managers. Our advice is that you get in touch with the manager of the Starbucks you’ll be applying at and ask them what they expect candidates to wear during an interview.
While you may not be able to pin down exactly what your interviewer will be wearing, we can give you some guidelines on dress codes that are common at most locations.
Go to that location before your interview and observe how the employees are dressed.
In order to understand the Starbucks dress code and its nuances, it is important to do your research. You should look up what Starbucks’ official dress code is online, as well as look at the Starbucks that you are interviewing for and see how the employees are dressed. Doing this gives you an idea of what you should be wearing for the interview itself.
You can do this by walking into a Starbucks near where your interview will take place, or even one in another part of town so that you can get a sense of which dress code would be appropriate for all locations, not just the single location where you will be applying. You can also ask a current employee about their thoughts on the company’s dress code as well as ask them if they have any tips on what to wear to an interview with their store.
Dress one level higher than how the current employees are dressed.
Another great tip is to dress one level higher than how the current employees are dressed. If all Starbucks employees wear jeans, you should wear pants. If they wear button-down shirts, then you should wear a suit. If they wear t-shirts, then you should wear a button-down shirt. This is an easy way to show that you take your appearance seriously. And since the hiring managers will be interviewing several applicants at the same time and under similar circumstances, dressing slightly better can help set you apart from the competition.
Wear a formal white, blue, or black button-up shirt instead of tee shirts.
- Avoid tee shirts, as they are not an appropriate interview outfit.
- Avoid tight shirts or sleeveless shirts.
- Avoid low cut shirts, as they make you look unprofessional.
- Avoid shirts with logos on them.
- Avoid loud or bright colors, as they often convey the wrong message to an employer.
- Avoid ripped or torn clothing, because employers are looking for people who respect the company and will present themselves in a professional manner.
- Avoid wrinkled clothing, as it shows you don’t have enough class to take time and iron your clothes before coming to an important event like a job interview.
- If you are going to wear baggy clothing make sure that it still looks proper and is not too baggy.
Unless you have a facial piercing, do not get piercings for the interview.
Unless you have a facial piercing, do not get piercings for the interview.
It’s perfectly fine if you already have piercings, so long as they are not distracting or excessive. There is one exception to this rule: facial piercings. Even though Starbucks is well known for its relaxed dress code, interviewers do need to be able to see your face in order to form an impression of you as a candidate. That makes facial jewelry extremely distracting and can give the interviewer the wrong idea about your suitability for the job. If you already have a nose ring, lip ring or tongue ring, it’s best to remove it for the interview — unless you want to make a statement that says “I don’t care what my supervisors think of me”!
Dress in comfortable clothes.
So you want to wear something that’s comfortable and not too tight or loose-fitting. That doesn’t mean you have to wear sweatpants, but jeans are totally fine. If you’re still not convinced, try on the pants, shirts and shoes and ask someone else what they think.
Dress business casual but with a little bit more style
Of course, you’ll want to be conservative with your clothing choices- you don’t have to wear a suit and tie, but try wearing a nice polo or button-down shirt. You can also wear some khakis or nice pants. Don’t overdo it on the “business casual” thing, though – make sure that it fits your body shape well. Wear a nice pair of shoes, you don’t want to turn up looking like a hobo! If you have one, then throw on a nice watch and carry a nice bag – this will give off the impression that you are responsible and well put together
Wear comfortable shoes so you don’t get blisters while you work.
A Starbucks employee spends a lot of time on their feet, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes. You don’t want to wear heels or high wedges because you could get blisters and those hurt a lot. You also don’t want to wear sandals or flip flops because they aren’t safe to wear while working with hot coffee machines. Finally, you don’t want to wear dress shoes because they are difficult to clean when they get dirty (and they will).
The best types of shoes for a Starbucks interview are flats or low wedges with rubber soles (for traction) and toes that are completely enclosed (you can get in trouble if your toe is sticking out of your shoe and you drop something on it). Sneakers work well too, as long as they look professional.
Don’t wear makeup that is too heavy or bold.
As with clothes, there’s no need to wear too much makeup. You don’t want to distract the interviewer or cause them to question your professionalism. Keep it simple and light.
Avoid dark eyeshadow. It looks heavy and can make you seem unhinged in a professional setting.
Don’t wear red lipstick. It is distracting and can give off a harsh impression, especially when worn by women who are just starting their careers; you need to strike a balance between being professional and not looking like you’re trying too hard.
Red lipsticks also have a tendency to bleed easily; if that happens, it will look messy and unprofessional on your face as an interviewee.
Fake eyelashes aren’t ideal either; they look artificial, like they’re not part of you, which is quite unattractive for an interviewee who wants to be attractive in terms of appearance (and personality). If done incorrectly (i.e., crookedly lashed), they could result in other people thinking the worst about what type of employee would present themselves this way at such an important event: someone who isn’t paying attention or lacks basic skills/cooperation skills with others around him/her.
Wear jeans without holes and long pants.
Wear jeans without holes and long pants.
At Starbucks, they will ask you to wear black pants. If you can’t find any black pants then it is acceptable to wear khaki, tan or dark blue pants.
Wear an undershirt if you plan on wearing a white collared shirt to the interview. Wearing an undershirt underneath your white collared shirt will keep you from being too see through. This will also prevent sweat marks from showing up during the interview as well.
Make sure to bring a bottle of water with you in case your throat gets dry during the interview process and also bring a pen and paper so that you can take notes during the interview if needed!
Have good hygiene and trim your nails if they are long.
It is crucial that you arrive to your interview clean and well-groomed. This means you should trim your nails if they are long, keep them clean and polished (if you are a woman), make sure that your hair is combed, and ensure that any facial hair such as beards or mustaches are trimmed and neat.
What to wear for an interview at Starbucks
Before your interview, make sure you look the part for a Starbucks barista position. You do not need to wear a suit and tie, but you should dress in clothes that are clean and fit well. When choosing an outfit, ask yourself: how would I dress if I were going out with friends? The answer to this question will likely help you decide what is appropriate to wear for your Starbucks interview.
- Dress in a way that you would like to be treated. If you plan on wearing a hoodie, sweat pants, and flip-flops to your interview, don’t expect to be treated as someone who takes their job seriously. It is important that you appear confident and professional during your interview—don’t let wrinkled clothes or sloppy sandals get in the way of this!
- Choose a shirt that is not too revealing. Just because it is summer does not mean that tank tops are acceptable business attire! Instead of showing up in something too short or tight, select an appropriate top instead. Be sure the shirt fits comfortably–you want it neither too large nor too small on your body!
- Do not wear tight clothes. While shirts should fit correctly, they should also leave room so they are comfortable on your body throughout the day. You do not want something that seems like it might burst at any moment when you move around (even if it looks good with skinny jeans). Additionally, avoid tucking shirts into skirts or pants—this can make them bunch up around the waistline which will leave them looking wrinkly throughout the day
What to wear for the Starbucks interview for girls
Dressing for an interview is the most important part!
You want to show your potential employers that you are professional and look good.
If you’re a female, here are some tips on what to wear for the Starbucks interview:
- Skinny jeans – Buy a pair of black or blue skinny jeans. Wear them with a shirt tucked into them.
- Blouse – Wear light colored blouse with a low neckline and no cleavage showing. If it has ruffles, do not wear it to the interview!
- Skirt – A pencil skirt looks nice if worn with a blouse or sweater. Pair it with heels for a professional look. If you choose this option, don’t pick anything above mid-thigh length please!
How should I dress for a Starbucks interview
- Keep it professional, and make sure you’re comfortable.
- Don’t forget your personal style.
- Less is more when it comes to makeup and perfume.
- Jeans are OK, but no holes or rips, please!
- Make sure your nails are neat and trimmed.
- Be hygienic. Brush your teeth, wash your hair, take a shower and put on fresh clothes – Starbucks wants to know that you’re going to be a good representative for the brand!
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be standing up for most of the day if you work at Starbucks, so wear shoes that fit well without being too tight or too loose – otherwise you’ll end up with blisters or sore feet!
Can I wear jeans to a Starbucks interview
The short answer is, yes. You can wear jeans for a Starbucks interview. However, you’ll want to make sure that your jeans are clean and free of stains, rips or tears.
In addition to being clean and wrinkle-free, your jeans should be a neutral color like tan or light blue. You do not want to show up wearing bright red or hot pink pants! Also make sure that there aren’t any holes in your jeans. It may be trendy to have a hole in the knee for fashion purposes, but it will not work well for an interview at Starbucks. If you have holes in the knees of your jeans, it is best to wear something else.
Always be prepared to talk about your resume or previous experience.
You should be prepared to talk through your resume and previous work experience. Many interviewers will ask you to elaborate on your past positions and how they qualify you for this one. It’s also likely that they’ll ask follow-up questions like where you see yourself in five years or what made you choose Starbucks as the place to work. Prepare examples of how you’ve demonstrated those core competencies at past jobs, internships and volunteer positions that are listed in the job description.
Researching all of this information is a great first step. To really nail the interview, try practicing answers out loud with a friend or family member so that you feel confident fielding these questions with poise!