A jean jacket is a wardrobe staple that can have several different looks. If you’re wondering how to style one, this guide will show you how to wear a jean jacket in a variety of outfits and ways to make the most of your own look.
jean jacket and black jeans
There are so many ways to wear a jean jacket, but only one combines a rocker rebelliousness with complete ease: black jeans and your jean jacket. This outfit is not just for rock stars! It can be worn by anyone who wants to feel like they’re living it up in the 1970’s.
Just make sure you don’t get too carried away with the tie-dye T-shirts, because then you could end up looking like a relic from Woodstock instead of the timeless fashion icon you hope to be.
jean jacket and leggings
- You can pair a jean jacket with black leggings for a casual look that’s perfect for hanging out on the weekend. You can take off your overcoat to reveal the outfit underneath to surprise your friends, or wear it under the coat when it’s cold outside.
- Another way to look stylish in this outfit is by wearing a white t-shirt with matching sneakers. This will make you feel like you’re in style and at home all at once!
- Wear your favorite black jacket over top of these leggings for an ultra chic look that will keep things comfortable even when it gets chilly outside!
jean jacket with dress
- Jean jacket with dress and heels
With a sexy pair of stilettos and a jean jacket, you’ll look ready to hit the town in style. This outfit is sure to stand out and make you feel confident.
- Jean jacket with dress and booties
The jean jacket will give your flirty A-line skirt or sundress a casual vibe. When you’re at an afternoon BBQ, this is an easy way to complete your look.
- Jean jacket with dress and ankle boots
Ankle boots are perfect for fall, so if it’s not quite cold enough for a warm sweater but you still want something that’s not just sandals, this ensemble is ideal. You can throw on tights underneath your dress if temperatures drop further. To keep things fun, try pairing it with bold printed leggings instead!
- Jean jacket with dress and sneakers
Sneakers are super comfortable (and they’ll keep your feet dry when it rains). And who doesn’t love being able to run around all day? Throw on some high-tops or lace-ups—whatever works best for the activity—then layer over a denim shirtdress or maxi sundress for a comfortable yet stylish outfit idea!
jean jacket with chambray shirt
Chambray shirts are soft, stylish and make for the perfect layering piece. Combine a chambray shirt with your jean jacket for that classic Americana look. Whether you go for a full-blown denim-on-denim ensemble or break up the monotony with a pair of leggings, this versatile piece can be worn year-round. Finish up your outfit with some sneakers or ankle boots to complete your casual look.
jean jacket with t-shirt
- A jean jacket with a t-shirt is a classic and versatile casual look that can be worn at any time of year. It’s not terribly difficult to create, but there are some key things to keep in mind in order to pull it off well:
- For the most part, you’ll want to stick with solid colors rather than prints or logos. This will make your overall outfit look more polished and put together.
- Some good choices for t-shirts are white, grey, black, navy blue or dark green.
- If your jacket is very dark denim and/or distressed, avoid wearing a black shirt underneath—it could make you look like an emo teen from the early 2000s.
- Wearing sneakers with this outfit also makes sense and gives it a laid back vibe if that’s what you’re going for. Otherwise try dressing up the rest of your outfit so it doesn’t look too casual (think nicer shoes or accessories).
jean jacket and black pants
The jean jacket works well with any shade of black pants.
This is a great look for going out, especially if you want to wear heels. The heeled boots, thick leggings and jean jacket all work together to keep your legs warm on chilly nights out, but the black leather and high heels keep things looking sexy.
Another option for this look is to wear a simple tank top, skinny jeans and boots instead. This is a great way to show off your curves while also keeping warm enough in restaurants or bars, or even just walking around town in cooler weather. It’s also an easy look that doesn’t take much time—just throw on your favorite pair of skinny jeans (or boyfriend jeans), some sleek boots and your jean jacket over it all!
jean jacket and sneakers
A jean jacket looks great with sneakers. For example, you could wear a white t-shirt or plain white shirt with a pair of sneakers and your blue jean jacket. You could also wear a pair of black jeans with your sneakers and your jean jacket. Another option is to wear a sleeveless sweater with a pair of sneakers and your denim jacket. Then, you can finish the look off by wearing a pair of jeans with a hoodie underneath it along with sneakers and your denim jacket.
jean jacket and boots
Boots are the perfect complement to a jean jacket. They’re comfortable, warm, and stylish. What more could you ask for? I like them because they come in lots of different colors and styles, so you can find a pair that fits your personality. They’re also super durable—I’ve had a pair of boots for five years straight and they still look brand new!
In general, it’s best to wear boots with jeans or leggings. These are the most comfortable and practical choices. If you want to wear heels or sandals with your jean jacket, though, I’d suggest pairing it with an A-line skirt to keep things casual but feminine. With shorts or capris (and sometimes even skirts), sneakers might be appropriate as well — just remember not to wear booties or any kind of ankle boot when sporting these garments because they won’t go together very well at all.
jean jacket and shirt dress
How do you wear a jean jacket? Well, there are lots of ways you can wear this versatile staple. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Jean Jacket and Shirt Dress
- Jean Jacket and Leggings
- Jean Jacket and T-shirt + Jeans
- Jean Jacket and T-shirt + Joggers
- Jean Jacket and T-shirt + Leggings
jean jacket and joggers
The joggers and jean jacket combo is a popular choice among the male celebrity set.
Let’s be honest: wearing joggers with a jean jacket is an absolute essential in any well-rounded wardrobe. This look is ultra-stylish and surprisingly easy to pull off. Jean jackets are versatile enough to pair with almost any color of joggers, from khaki to grey. Here, we’ll show you how it’s done so you can get your swag on too!
A jean Jacket is a great staple for your wardrobe. Learn the best ways to style it here.
A jean jacket is a great essential to have in your wardrobe. It can go with just about any outfit, and is a great way to create a layered look. The best thing? There are so many ways that you can style it, depending on how you want your outfit to look.
Here are some great tips for styling your jean jacket:
It’s clear that the humble jean jacket is here to stay. It has proven its versatility across time, despite a brief dip in popularity in the early 2010s where it was replaced by leather biker jackets. Jean jackets have been seen on everyone from farmers to Steve Jobs—and now you can style them however you want!
Remember: your jean jacket should be slim-fitting and slightly cropped, sitting at around hip level. The structured look of a fitted jean jacket is flattering for any body type and fits well with whatever other items you choose to pair it with. You can wear your jean jacket with jeans or leggings, sneakers or boots; whenever you go out into the world and don’t know what else to wear, your faithful denim pal will be there for you!