Wreaths are a beautiful addition to your Christmas decor. But if you’re looking for something simple and inexpensive, try using ribbon! Wreaths made from ribbons can be used indoors or out. You can use regular ribbon or mesh and burlap as well. Simply wrap the mesh around your wreath form, then add any other embellishments you want (like pine cones or bells). Here are 10 ideas for wreath designs with ribbon:
-Wreaths made from ribbon can be used indoors or out. You can use regular ribbon or mesh and burlap as well. Simply wrap the mesh around your wreath form, then add any other embellishments you want (like pine cones or bells).
Buy on Etsy Rustic Christmas bow Buffalo plaid Christmas Wreath
Here are 10 ideas for wreath designs with ribbon:
Below are 10 Christmas Wreath Ideas with Ribbon from bloggers and DIYers we love:
If you’re looking to make your own Christmas wreath, consider the following 10 ideas from DIY bloggers and crafters. They’re beautiful, easy to make, and easy to decorate. Plus they’re great for kids—and adults!
- Use a Styrofoam ball for the head.
- Use a Styrofoam cone for the body.
- Use cotton for the scarf.
- Use twine for the arms.
- Use cotton balls for the snowman’s eyes and nose.
- Use a wooden skewer for the mouth
Christmas Candy Cane Wreath
A candy cane wreath is a fun and easy way to decorate your home for Christmas. You can make one yourself by using a glue gun or hot glue to adhere your ribbon, mesh, or burlap in the shape of a candy cane on top of the foam wreath form. You can also use wire hangers as bases and then add the ribbon around them. Alternatively, you can buy pre-made ones at many craft stores with all materials included in their kits.
Red and Silver Christmas Wreath
This wreath is made with red, white and silver ribbon. The bow is made out of red ribbon while the wreath itself and hanger are both made out of silver ribbon. This combination makes a beautiful Christmas wreath that can look great on any door!
Christmas Bow Door Decoration
There are many ways to decorate your door with ribbon. You can use a piece of mesh, burlap or even a bow. You can also use a wreath and some greens to create a Christmas decoration that is easy to make and looks beautiful.
Here are some ideas for creating your own Christmas bow door decoration:
- Using burlap, cut out two pieces with the size of your choice. Then place them on top of each other and sew them together using thread or yarn in red or green colors that complement the season’s theme bests!
- Use ribbon (or any other material) in four different colors such as red, green blue & white so depending upon which color matches best with what you have chosen for yourself!
Santa Claus Inspired Christmas Wreath
- Santa Claus Inspired Christmas Wreath
This wreath is so easy to make and looks great with a red and white theme. To make this wreath you will need:
- A red and white wreath (you can buy one or make your own)
- Red bow/ribbon/ribbon mesh/burlap ribbon, depending on how you want to decorate it
Pink and Gold Ribbon Christmas Wreath
To create a wreath using pink and gold ribbon, you will need to use a wreath form. You can purchase one at most craft stores or online. To attach the ribbon to the wreath, use wire or ribbon pins and staple guns (or other stapling devices). If you are using a glue gun, apply glue to both sides of where you want your ribbon before placing them together.
Buffalo Check Ribbon Wreath for Christmas
Buffalo Check Ribbon Wreath for Christmas
- Gather your materials. You will need:
- a wreath form (you can find these at craft stores) or a Styrofoam wreath base, which you can use to make your own decorative shape; we used a large grapevine wreath form with a grapevine bow attached to it that we purchased online, but any kind of festive shape will do!
- buffalo check ribbon, which you can buy at any fabric store and is available in many colors; we used red, green and blue because they resemble the colors of Christmas trees!
- hot glue gun & glue sticks (we recommend having one on hand just in case!)
Snowflake Ribbon Christmas Wreath
- Use a snowflake stencil to cut out the shapes of your snowflakes.
- Attach them to the wreath with hot glue, and then attach them with ribbon as well just for extra security!
Modern Christmas Tree with Burlap Bow
- Choose a wreath form. You can use a wire form or any shape you want as long as it is easy to bend and mold into shape. If you have a lot of ribbon leftovers, you might consider using a wire wreath form for more stability.
- Cut your burlap ribbon into strips about 1 inch wide, then cut these strips in half lengthwise so that the final width is about 3/4-inch wide (the thickness varies from ribbon to ribbon).
- Lay your cut pieces of burlap out on top of each other on your work surface or table in a circular pattern like spokes of a wheel—you’ll need enough pieces so that they overlap by at least one inch all around; this will create an extra layer over which we’ll wrap our bow later on!
How to Make a Christmas Bow
There are many different ways to make a bow. The method you choose will depend on the type of material you are using as well as personal preference (i.e., how big or small you want your bow to be). You can find many different tutorials online and in craft books on how to make various types of bows. In this guide we will cover some of the more common types used for wreaths: ribbon, mesh, burlap and yarn.
If you want a larger bow that is more full looking then use one large piece of fabric instead of multiple smaller pieces stitched together. This method works best if you have wide ribbon or fabric scraps that cannot be cut down any further and still remain useful for other projects such as gift wrapping or clothing items like scarves!
Make a fun wreath with ribbons, mesh, or burlap.
There are so many ways to DIY your Christmas wreath. You can make one with ribbons, mesh, burlap, fabric, yarn or paper. First up is a ribbon-wrapped wreath! Here is what you will need:
- Ribbon of your choice (about 4 rolls)
- Mesh (about 2 rolls)
- Glue gun (with glue sticks) and hot glue sticks
- Wire cutters/scissors
Now that you have all the supplies it’s time to start making your wreath! Begin by gluing the mesh onto your wire frame in circular loops. You’ll want to make sure it’s tight so no gaps show through when wrapped in ribbon. Next take a roll of ribbon and cut off about 10 feet worth depending on how big or small you want it then wrap it around the middle until covered completely by both ends overlapping just enough for them to be glued together securely without slipping out from under each other once finished wrapping completely around bottom half first then middle section including top ring area before repeating process again from bottom upwards until finished securing all three rings together using extra adhesive if needed depending on size difference between sections being used but usually not necessary since tightly woven material allows easy attachment without any overlap due its stiffness as opposed soft cotton rope type material which tends fray too easily causing gaps while wrapping unless reinforced beforehand by machine stitching along edges where necessary before cutting out circles sizes smaller than hole openings so only pieces left sticking out now should be those already attached at top ring endpoints leaving room between tips themselves instead leaving behind spaces where wires poke through holes closest center point where they meet each other horizontally line down middle edge marking halfway point distance between ropes’ placement points vertically lines drawn at corners connecting points directly below alongside outside edges sectioning off entire circumference into eight equal parts beginning at outermost edge first working clockwise direction until reaching starting point again done looping rope back towards same spot where started wrapping around center column.
If you’re still not sure what kind of Christmas wreath to make, we hope these ideas will help you get started. If you need more inspiration, check out our other posts on DIY Christmas decorations and gift tutorials!