You’re about to get schooled on how to be classy and sexy.
Here’s why it’s important for you to know:
When you hear the word “sexy”, what do you think of? The obvious answer is probably a woman dressed in skimpy clothes flaunting whatever body parts she has that are closest to perfection.
The problem with this stereotype is it doesn’t take into consideration the fact there are women who are much more concerned with comfort than showing off their bodies. They want to feel comfortable in their own skin and not show too much in public.
The solution: classy sexy!
Classy is a way of life.
It’s not about how much money you have.
Classy is a way of life.
You can have all the money in the world and still be trashy. You can’t buy class, but you can learn it from your environment and experience. Class is about having a set of values and principles that you don’t violate, no matter what situations you find yourself in. It’s having integrity, morality, and good character so that when people look at you they know they’re dealing with someone who has it together – even if they disagree with you on certain things.
Dressing well is the first step in living well.
The first step in learning how to be sexy and classy is to master the art of dressing well. There’s a science to this, but it’s not complex. The overarching principle is to dress for the job you want, whether that job be “a good person” or “a night shift manager at a 24-hour diner.” From there, it becomes a matter of dressing for your body type, the occasion, your age group, the location (for example: the North Pole versus New Orleans), your personality (are you shy or outgoing?), and of course the weather—all while maintaining an aura of sexiness and class. Let’s break down each component so you can get started now on being what everyone wants: sexy and classy!
Confidence is key.
First and foremost, confidence is key. Do you like your appearance? Then don’t be shy to show it off. Do you have a great body? Don’t be afraid to wear sexy outfits that show off your figure. Do you have an amazing mind? Don’t be ashamed of showing the world how smart you are (without coming across as conceited). The same goes for your personality. Be confident in who you are, and people will find that attractive.
Confidence also means being secure about your decisions about what kind of partner you want to be with and the kind of relationship you want to have with them. If a guy doesn’t treat like a princess, then he is not worth it, no matter how handsome he may be or how much money he has in his bank account. You can’t allow other people’s opinions dictate how you should live your life either; if they say that “you are too picky,” it just means they don’t understand what really matters in life (and they probably don’t deserve to know someone as wonderful as you anyway!).
Look for ways to express yourself, but don’t go overboard.
- Your personal style is an extension of who you are. The way you dress is a reflection of the kind of person that you are, and it speaks volumes to those around you on your first impression. You should always dress to impress!
- Look for ways to express yourself through your appearance, but don’t go overboard. There’s nothing wrong with being expressive, but tastefulness is key in maintaining a classy image. Your sexuality can be an asset if used in moderation and with discretion. Be bold and daring when selecting items for your wardrobe, but know that less can sometimes be more. Do not be afraid to exude ambition—being confident enough in yourself to take risks is one of the sexiest traits out there!
- Be prepared for anything! Make sure you have some emergency options tucked away just in case something happens unexpectedly; there’s nothing worse than scrambling at the last minute because nothing went according to plan…
Keep your look simple, with a few sexy pieces of art or accessories to make it pop.
Keep your look simple. Your focus should be on a few sexy pieces of art or accessories to make it pop. Make sure not to overdo it, so everything looks effortless and classy. Don’t get too fancy with your hair or makeup. You don’t have to wear the most expensive clothes, but you should always look like you put some time and thought into your appearance. When you look good, you feel good; when you feel good, you exude confidence—and that’s what makes someone sexy and classy!
Be prepared for anything by being knowledgeable on every topic imaginable!
Do you want to be the person that everyone at a party will cling to because they know that, when it comes down to it, you’re the only one who knows anything about anything? Of course you do! And lucky for you, this is so achievable.
First of all: how do I become knowledgeable on every topic imaginable? Obviously, there is an infinite amount of information out in the world, and so much of it varies from person to person and situation to situation. So how can you possibly expect to know everything that might come up in a conversation with anyone? The answer is: you probably won’t ever be able to know everything about everything. However, having a wide base of knowledge about a lot of different things will certainly put you ahead of others who have not taken the time or effort to educate themselves. Whether someone else decides to take this route or not, though—that’s up to them! But if they don’t want in on this game plan we’ll call YOU THE WINNER!!!
Don’t be afraid to appear ambitious or “hungry” as long as you do so graciously and with integrity.
One of the reasons it can be intimidating to be both sexy and classy is that we, as women, are taught to not be too ambitious. This tendency is unfortunate because ambition is, in my opinion, one of the most attractive traits a person can possess. However, there are a few ways you can balance this fine line:
- Be humble. Everyone has weaknesses and no one knows everything. It’s okay to acknowledge your shortcomings—it actually makes you appear more relatable.
- Be confident but not cocky. Never take yourself so seriously that you insult someone who doesn’t agree with you or insult someone’s intelligence because they don’t know something that you do. Have faith in your own knowledge but also recognize that everyone has their own unique set of expertise and experiences which have led them to their current position in life as well as views on certain topics. Just because someone does not have the same opinion or knowledge as you does not make them stupid or dumb—you just have different life experiences!
- If you’re unsure about whether something could be perceived as offensive or pushy, it’s best to err on the side of caution. For example, if your coworker asks for help with a project and their tone sounds flustered or stressed out, rather than immediately saying yes (which may make them feel obligated to say yes), ask if they’d like some time to think about it first before committing either way.
Know when to take a break and have some fun, but choose your outlets wisely.
As we’ve established, you’re a very busy person. You don’t have time for frivolity or bullshit. However, I think it’s safe to say that even the most focused workaholic needs a little R&R from time to time. Know when you need to take a break and have some fun, but choose your outlets wisely.
- Go out for drinks with friends or colleagues and stay in control of yourself; order something classy (like wine) rather than getting “wasted” on shots of tequila, then puking in an alleyway in front of everyone you know.
- Watch Game of Thrones if you must! But please don’t talk about it at work/school/church/synagogue unless there’s someone who wants to talk spoilers with you in a more private place than your cubicle at the office or your church pew next Sunday morning (I don’t make the rules).
- If you get “bored,” be creative; find ways to spend your free time that are intellectually stimulating—don’t just play video games all day long like some kind of teenage boy whose mom just died (this is one instance where I can confidently say: do not follow my lead on this particular subject).
You don’t have to be a slave to trends if you have your own style
You don’t have to be a slave to trends if you have your own style. When new trends are released, you should try them out and see what works for you. Wear things that suit your body type and flatter your features. Trends are great for finding inspiration and ideas, but they don’t mean you should wear everything that is currently in style. You may not be able to pull off every trend because it may not suit your body type or skin color.
You should take these ideas and run with them. Use your imagination, tweak them as needed, and go out into the world, armed with the confidence of one who knows they are sexy and classy. You will be irresistible. And if you can’t find what you need here, there is always Google to help you find your next move.
- Learn how to be sexy and classy without feeling like you’re giving away the secret recipe of Coca-Cola.
- Learn how to be classy, sexy and confident using your color palette, your body language and by being self-aware as well as aware of others around you.
- Be sassy, be alert, be an inspiration to others, talk about things like the law and generosity in equal measure to fashion!
- Be yourself! It’s hard not to feel confident when your confidence is a byproduct of being true to yourself!