St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to be Irish. It’s also a great time to honor the patron saint of Ireland in your speech and writing.
St. Patrick’s Day is March 17, and if you’re Irish or just want to celebrate your heritage, here are some ideas for St. Patrick’s Day quotes:
1) “May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.” —St. Patrick (said at his death)
2) “It is no small thing to have wrought well the will of God; it must have been indeed a great work! How much bravery was required? How much faithfulness? How much endurance? How many tribulations before he won this crown of glory!” —St. Augustine (commenting on St. Patrick)
3) “I am but a poor sinner who has nothing but his love for Jesus Christ and his neighbor; no more than any other Christian who is faithful in doing what he can for God
It’s the luck of the Irish!
Here are some of the best St Patricks Day quotes to inspire you:
“May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.” – Wishing you the best day ever, on St Patrick’s Day!
“Laugh and the world laughs with you; snore and you sleep alone.” – A rhino can’t do anything about its horn, but we can change. So let’s change, people. Let’s change on this day, for real. Let’s celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and everything that it stands for — not just in Ireland, but everywhere. Let us remember that even though we’re different colors and different cultures, we’re all humans who deserve respect. And let us remember that there is nothing wrong with being different from others. We should embrace our differences instead of hiding them away in fear or shame or embarrassment — because when we do this, we become stronger as a community than if we hide ourselves away from others behind closed doors and drawn curtains. And when we do this, we become stronger as individuals than
St. Patrick’s Day is a great time to reflect on your Irish heritage, celebrate with friends and family, and remind yourself why you love being Irish. It’s also a great time to learn a little bit more about your Irish ancestors and their history.
Here are some of our favorite St. Patrick’s Day quotes:
“A good name, like good will, is acquired by many actions and may be lost by one.” — Publilius Syrus
“You can’t go home again.” — Thomas Wolfe
“May the road rise up to meet you.” — Irish Blessing
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” — Seneca the Younger
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the most popular holidays in the world, celebrated by millions of people across the globe.
It’s also a great time to be Irish, as there’s no shortage of opportunities to celebrate with friends and family.
But what if you can’t get to Ireland? Do you have to miss out on all the fun? Absolutely not! There are plenty of ways to celebrate without leaving your own town or city.
If you want to throw an authentic St. Patrick’s Day party this year, we have everything you need right here!
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, and if you haven’t already, it’s time to start planning your celebration. Whether you want to host a party or just enjoy a quiet evening with family and friends, there are plenty of ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in style.
To help get you started, here are some of our favorite ideas for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day:
Plan a St. Patrick’s Day Party
If you want to throw a party but don’t know where to start, try one of these party themes:
Potluck Party – Potlucks are always popular because they give guests an opportunity to bring something unique and delicious to share. They’re also easy on hosts because as long as everyone brings something prepared and wrapped, there’s no need for cleanup!
Potluck Party Theme Ideas:
Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup – You can easily find corned beef at most grocery stores or butchers around St. Patrick’s Day (it even comes pre-marinated). Just add water and cabbage and let it simmer all day!
Beef Stew – This recipe takes a little more prep work than the corned beef recipe above but will feed
St Patrick’s Day is here and you’re ready to celebrate. You’ve got your green clothes, your green beer, and everything in between. But what about the words? What about the quotes? Don’t you want to say something memorable to all your friends?
We’ve got you covered. Here are some of our favorite St Patrick’s Day quotes:
“When Irish eyes are smiling, Sure it’s like a morning sunrise.” – Thomas Moore
“You can have my Guinness when you pry it from my cold dead hands.” – Unknown
“I’m Irish, so I’d like to have an open bar at my funeral.” – Unknown
“If ye be ever in Ireland, come out to Innisfree where golden-gleaming swans sing on a wide lagoon by the rushy shore.” – William Butler Yeats
“I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.” – W.B. Yeats
“I’m Irish, so I like to think of myself as being pretty lucky.” – Daniel O’Donnell
“I am a good walker because I am a good rider.” – Patrick Leigh Fermor
“Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” – Mother Teresa
“The best dreams happen when you’re awake.” – William Arthur Ward
“It’s the hope that kills you.” – Irish proverb
“Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.” – Emily Brontë
We’re celebrating the holiday with a special collection of St. Patrick’s Day quotes and sayings.
Whether you’re looking for that perfect saying to share on social media, or just want to see some inspirational quotes from Irish people, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some of our favorite quotes about Ireland:
“I write in the hope that my words will reach those who need them most; those who have yet to find their way home.” ― Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes
“No matter where you go, there you are.” – Buckaroo Banzai (The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension)
“What’s another word for Thesaurus?” – Conan O’Brien (Conan)
“If it were not for music, life would be a mistake.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The glory of the Irish, is to be able to hold their Guinness, and still carry you home.” – Brendan Behan
- “A little bit of Irish blood never hurt anyone.” – Joyce Kilmer
- “If you have an Irish mother and an Italian father, your life is a series of tragedies, comedies and mistakes.” – John Cardinal O’Connor
- “You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.” – Lucy Van Pelt (after Linus explains St Patrick’s Day)
- “I feel like I’ve been run over by a herd of rainbows.” — Anonymous
- “I just want to say that I am so happy to be here for this special day in which we celebrate the death of Saint Patrick and all he did for Ireland. And I want to thank him for his tireless work on improving race relations back then as well as today!” — Conan O’Brien (in character as President Donald Trump during his visit to Ireland in 2018)