There are few things in life that are as satisfying as a perfectly coordinated outfit. The right accessories and the perfect shade of lipstick can make all the difference between looking put-together or just plain overdressed. Shoes, however, often get overlooked as an essential component of any ensemble. Whether you’re pairing your new LBD with jeans for casual wear or adding a pair of heels for an evening out, finding the right shoes to wear with your LBD is crucial!
Black Patent Point-Toe Flats
Black patent point-toe flats are a versatile option to wear with your little black dress. These shoes can be paired with many different outfits, so you don’t have to worry about matching the color or style of your shoes with anything else in your outfit. The patent leather will also add a bit of shine and contrast to an otherwise simple outfit.
These shoes are also great alternatives to heels, since they’re comfortable and easy to walk in (and if you do end up wearing them with heels, then you’ll be prepared for that too!).
Classic Black Pumps
You need to have a pair of classic black pumps in your shoe collection. These will go with practically anything, and they can be worn with dresses, skirts, pants and jeans. They are comfortable enough to wear all day long. A good investment that’ll last you for years.
Minimalist Metallic Pumps
- Minimalist metallic pumps are a great alternative to black. If you’re not a fan of the minimalist look, don’t worry! There are tons of other shoes available in metal finishes.
- A minimalist shoe is perfect for the office; it’s minimalistic enough that it won’t distract from your work attire, but still stylish enough to keep you looking put together during lunch breaks or after work drinks.
- You can wear these with pencil skirts or jeans and they’ll look great either way! These can be dressed up or down depending on how much time you have before heading out—wear them with a blazer for work, or with a tee and jeans for play.
To ensure that your shoes will complement your mini-dress, keep the following tips in mind:
- The heel of your shoe should be no higher than the knee.
- The toe of your shoe should be no wider than the ankle.
- The heel and toe of your shoe should be about the same width as each other.
Whether you’re attending a summer party, wedding or summer vacation, strappy sandals are an ideal shoe choice. They add an element of style to any ensemble and can be worn with any length of dress. With the right color and material, strappy sandals can be paired with casual outfits as well as more formal ones.
The most popular kinds of strappy sandals tend to have ankle straps or ankle ties that wrap around the lower leg before connecting at the heel—such designs make it easy for you to slip on and off your shoes quickly without having to deal with buckles or other closures that can cause discomfort while wearing them all day long!
Red Point-Toe Flats
Let’s face it, sometimes you just want to wear your favorite lbd and not have to think too much about what shoes to pair with it. Red point-toe flats are a great way to add some energy and color without overpowering the look of your outfit. You can wear them with anything from jeans and a t-shirt or dressy pants (like black trousers or white chinos).
If you’re wearing a black dress with red shoes, this adds another dimension of polish—don’t worry about overkill! The contrast between the red and black will give you an edge without being too over the top.
Metallic Buckle-Strap Heels
Every woman deserves a pair of stylish, versatile heels in her closet. Since you’re going to be wearing them with almost any outfit, it’s important that they fit well. If your shoes don’t fit well and aren’t comfortable, it will show in your walk and your posture—and no one wants that!
Heels should also be easy to walk in; if you’re hobbling around on the dance floor or unable to keep up with friends at brunch because of ill-fitting stilettos, then they’re not doing their job right. The same thing goes for comfort: if your feet hurt after only an hour or so in some killer pumps (or even worse—if they start hurting before then), then those shoes need to go back into the closet until they’ve been resized by a professional cobbler.
Colorful Printed Pumps
The right pair of pumps can elevate your LBD to the next level. Pumps in all colors—even very bright ones—can look great when paired with a little black dress. These shoes are also a good choice for spring and summer, since they give you an extra dose of sunshine on your feet when the weather starts warming up. You can even opt for pumps that have some embellishment or texture in them, like a bow or interesting heel shape!
If you want to wear your LBD at work but don’t want it to appear too fussy, then colorful shoes are a great option because they won’t clash with everything else in your outfit (like a scarf would). However, this doesn’t mean that you should only wear these shoes at work; try pairing them with jeans or shorts on weekends too!
Cheetah Print Pumps
There are many ways to wear a leopard print dress, but you can always feel confident and look amazing by sporting a pair of cheetah print pumps. These shoes not only make you feel like the sexiest person in the room, but they also boast several qualities that make them ideal for pairing with your little black dress.
First and foremost, these pumps are not too high; they’re just tall enough to be flattering on all body types. They’ll give your legs a nice boost and elongate them at the same time! Secondly, these pumps will be comfortable enough for all-night dancing or as an everyday heel that’s perfect for running errands around town (and still looks fabulous). Finally, their bright hue will add some serious zip to any ensemble—especially when paired with neutral tones like black or white! Not only is this combination timelessly chic; it’s also easy on the eyes because there isn’t anything else competing against each other visually (ie: bold stripes against busy prints).
Not sure what shoes to wear with that Little Black Dress? We’ve got you covered.
You want to look fashionable, but not overdo it. Your LBD is a staple in your closet and you want to make sure that all the accompanying accessories are just as chic. We’re here to help you figure out what shoes will go best with this classic piece.
Here are some of our favorite options:
- Black ballet flats have been around for ages—and they’re still going strong! These versatile and affordable shoes are perfect for spring, summer and fall—not to mention every day. They pair well with everything from jeans to skirts so there’s never any need for worry about finding an outfit that doesn’t match your shoe choice for the day (provided that black is one of your go-to colors).
- For the winter months when you may be feeling more chilly than usual, consider ditching those open-toe sandals in favor of closed-toe boots or tall heels instead. That way if someone were to ask where your toes went, they wouldn’t be disappointed when they didn’t find them anywhere on your feet!
We hope this list of shoes to wear with your little black dress has given you some inspiration and ideas for your next look. Remember to always keep in mind what the occasion is and how long it will last, so that you can choose the right style of shoe for yourself.