Star nails are an easy way to add a little something extra to your everyday manicure. You can go with a simple design that uses basic nail polish colors, or take it up a notch by incorporating bold hues and glitter into your star nail art. Here’s everything you need to know about creating stunning star nails at home:
What are star nails?
Star nails are a popular choice for those who want to add a little extra pizzazz to their manicures. The design features small, symmetrical stars painted on the nail. The star can be arranged in an oval or circular shape, but it’s typically done in an even pattern across all of your fingers and toes!
To create these gorgeous designs, you’ll need a base coat (to protect your natural nails), two contrasting colors of polish (one for the outline around each star), as well as any additional colors that you want for your stars themselves. You can also use white polish for the center of each star if you’d like—this will make it appear brighter when viewed from afar!
What do we need for star nails?
To get star-studded nails, you’ll need:
- A base coat to protect your natural nail and prepare it for polish application.
- Your desired color of nail polish. I’m using black here because I think it’s fun to contrast with the white stars, but any color will work!
- Top coat to seal the design and make sure everything stays put.
- Stencils—you can find different kinds online or at craft stores like Michaels if you don’t want to make your own stencils (and why wouldn’t you?). I bought some off Etsy that were printed on peel-off labels for about $3 bucks total! And then let me tell ya: these stickers are SO sticky there was no way I could cut them without folding them up first otherwise they’d lose their shape as soon as they touched my skin—so definitely plan ahead before sticking those suckers down onto each nail so they fit perfectly when finished 😉 You can also just use some tape or painters tape since that won’t adhere directly onto your fingers either…but again just thought this might save someone time 😉
If using stickers: scissors for cutting out patterns from sticker sheet; cuticle oil (to keep cuticles soft); cuticle pusher/nail file
- Use a nail polish remover to clean your nails.
- Apply a base coat to protect the surface of your nails, making it easier for the next coat of polish to adhere well.
- Apply a topcoat over each nail, which will help keep everything together and shiny!
- Choose your star patterned polish with care (it can be daunting), and use a nail art brush to paint on the star pattern.
Black star nail pictures
Black star nail designs are a popular and simple way to add some edge to your wardrobe. These can be done on both fingernails and toenails, but this tutorial will focus on the former.
A round-up of creative and beautiful black star nail art designs in various styles.
These are the best black star nail art designs you can do at home. They’re perfect for any season and will improve your look instantly. You won’t regret trying one out!
Star nails are a great way to express yourself. The designs are endless and there is no limit to what you can do with them. They are fun, creative, and most importantly they look great on everyone! So if you want to try something new or just have some fun in the process of getting your nails done then star nails might be the perfect choice for you!