Are you ready to get organized? I have some secrets that will help you get started on the right foot.
Professional organizers are like the superheroes of life. They swoop in, take a look around your home or office and make all the messes disappear. With just a few minutes and some expert advice, they can give you the tools to keep them gone for good.
We talked to some of the best organizers in the business to find out how they keep their clients organized for good. Here are their best tips:
- Get Rid Of The Clutter That’s Holding You Back
- Create A Home For Everything And Everyone In Your Family
- Break Down The Space
- Make Organizing Fun
- Set aside a specific time each day to get organized. This could be before work, after work or in the evening. You can also dedicate a weekend day to organize your home or office.
- Start with one thing at a time and don’t overwhelm yourself by trying to do everything at once. Pick one room or area of your home to work on first, such as the kitchen or living room.
- If you have a lot of clutter, keep only what you need and love in your home and donate anything else that is no longer useful or wanted by someone else who can appreciate it more than you do!
- Use bins, baskets and other storage containers to keep items tidy and accessible so they are easy to find when needed without having to hunt through piles of clutter!
- Set up zones in your home so that items go back where they belong after being used rather than being left out all over the place until they’re needed again later on down the road!
- Use baskets, bins, and boxes
- Put like things together
- Don’t be afraid to toss
- Be ruthless about getting rid of stuff
- Keep your favorite things close at hand
- Use the ‘one-in, one-out’ rule
- Put everything in its place as soon as possible
Professional organizers are experts in the art of clearing clutter, but they’re also masters of organization. If you’re looking for tips on how to organize your home and office, here are some of their best tips:
- Purge often. It’s hard to know where to start when you’re overwhelmed with stuff, so the first step is to purge as much as possible. “If you haven’t worn it in two years, get rid of it.”
- Label everything — even books! Labeling boxes with what’s inside them before moving them into storage or onto shelves. You want to be able to tell at a glance what’s inside without having to open each box or drawer and look inside first. Plus, when you’re searching for something specific later on down the road, having labels will save you tons of time because you won’t have
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t have the time (or skill) to become a professional organizer. But that doesn’t mean you can’t learn from them. Here are some of their best tips for organizing your home:
- Tackle one room at a time. It can be tempting to want to tackle everything at once, but if you take it one room at a time, the process will go much smoother. You will also be able to see how much progress you are making, which will keep you motivated and help prevent burnout.
- Label containers and bins as soon as they come home from the store or box store. This way they won’t get lost in the shuffle or forgotten about until they are needed again later on down the road when someone goes looking for something in that bin that might not have been there before labeling!
- Make sure items have their own spot in every room or area of your home by creating what I call “buckets” or areas for certain types of things like shoes, books, mail, etc., so when it comes time for an area to be cleaned up these items will be easy to find and put away quickly without having to search
Let’s face it, most of us are overwhelmed with too much stuff. We have so many things in our homes that we can’t even see each other anymore. We’re busy and stressed out, and in our minds, we’re just going to get to it “sometime.” But when is “sometime”? And why does it always seem like there is never enough time?
If this sounds familiar, you are not alone. In fact, many people feel this way about their homes and offices. They feel overwhelmed by the messes in their home and office spaces. They feel overwhelmed by all the tasks they have to do on a daily basis but never seem to get done. They feel frustrated because they don’t seem to have any time left over for themselves once they’ve finished everything they need to do at work or at home! Sound familiar?
Well, I’m here to tell you that there is hope! You can get your life back under control — you can regain control of your time and energy so that you don’t feel so stressed out all the time!
So how do we do that? How do we regain control of our lives? What tools do we use? How can we make it happen?