I didn’t always have a self care mindset. In fact, I used to be very self-centered and only focused on what I wanted. As a result, my life wasn’t as happy or successful as it could have been if I had learned how to prioritize myself first. When you focus on your needs and give yourself the attention that you deserve, you open up your life to endless possibilities and opportunities. Not only can this save money on things like therapy sessions or other health expenses but it will also help you achieve your goals faster than ever before! So how can we create this kind of mentality? Well first off let’s start by talking about how self care changed my life forever…
How I delivered happiness to myself and it changed my self-care routine.
To understand the process you went through to create your self care routine, imagine the steps involved in baking a cake. You have to measure out the ingredients, put them together in the right order and at the right temperature, then wait for it to bake.
The first ingredient is figuring out what your goal is—in this case it’s happiness. Do you want more money? More love? To feel good about yourself? Once you know what your goals are, then you can start thinking about how best to achieve them. For example:
- Money – If money is my goal then I need a job or some source of income that will generate $1000/month (or whatever amount) so that I can afford all my expenses and have some left over for savings or shopping (whatever). This means taking action by researching options on websites like LinkedIn, Craigslist etc., meeting with people who could potentially hire me for their company or freelance work opportunities; cold calling companies; making connections via social media channels; sending out resumes etc., until I find something that works for me!
How you can deliver happiness to yourself.
When you are feeling down, you may have a hard time enjoying the things that typically bring you happiness. This is because when you are in a bad mood, it’s harder to notice the positive aspects of life.
So how can we make sure we enjoy our own company and find happiness in all of the simple things? We need to focus on positive self-care. The best way to do this is by focusing on how other people treat us, rather than how they treat others around them or even ourselves at times.
There are certain ways that people can make their lives easier:
- Do something you enjoy doing – Whether this is reading a book or playing video games, everyone should have at least one activity they enjoy doing alone without anyone else present! This will help provide some much needed stress relief after work hours but also allow for personal growth when practicing new skills like learning new recipes or completing an entire book series on your own (or both!).
- Do something good at – Whether its working out regularly or cooking delicious meals using only organic ingredients (depending on what kind of diet), having hobbies that require regular practice will keep your mind busy throughout those long days where nothing seems exciting enough until it’s too late! This also helps build confidence through accomplishments which leads me into my next point…
Prioritizing and growing yourself with the top 3 apps on your phone.
Here are 3 apps that can help you grow and improve yourself:
- Find an app that teaches you mindful meditation. It has a 10-day program that takes you through the basics of mindfulness, how it will improve your life, and how to start meditating in a way that works for you. The app has multiple guided meditations to choose from based on where you are at in your journey of self-care.
- Find an app that helps reduce social media usage by limiting the amount of time per day (and per week) spent scrolling through your favorite platforms. Once the limit is reached, users can’t access those sites until their designated time period is up again (for example: “You have 20 minutes left before bedtime.”) This helps encourage users to focus on other things besides social media and teaches us what it feels like when there is nothing else competing for our attention but our own thoughts and feelings–which ultimately makes us happier!
- Find an app that provides daily affirmations tailored specifically towards self-improvement goals such as “I am happy with who I am” or “I have enough friends”; there are over 100 affirmations available so finding one perfect match shouldn’t be too difficult! Using these daily affirmations will help keep us focused on what matters most at any given moment while also helping us believe in ourselves more than ever before!
The question I ask myself when I want to buy something and then prioritize my wants versus needs.
Let’s talk about self-care.
At the end of the day, what we all want is to feel good. We want to feel like our lives are moving forward and we have someone or something to look up to. We want to be able to take care of ourselves and those around us without feeling guilty or ashamed for doing so. And most importantly, we want our time spent on earth to mean something—to make a difference in some way shape or form (even if it’s just a small one). But how do you create this?
There’s no one right answer; there’s no easy fix—and that’s why I’m writing this article now: because self-care isn’t an easy task! It takes dedication and effort; but it doesn’t have to take forever either!
What are your values?
Your values are the things that you care about and think are important. They’re your beliefs, goals and principles. They’re what you stand for in life. Your values guide your choices and decisions, from what job to take to where you live to how much time you spend with family or friends. When it comes down to it, your values determine what makes a day worth living!
Some examples of common values include: authenticity (being true to yourself); health (taking care of yourself); tradition (doing things the way they’ve always been done); independence (being self-reliant)
How you can start your morning right before you even get out of bed with a morning routine.
There are a ton of ways you can start your morning right before you even get out of bed with a morning routine. A morning routine is something that I highly recommend as it helps set the tone for the rest of your day. It also keeps me in check and on track with my goals, even when I’m tired or feeling unmotivated.
- Start with a positive mindset by writing down 3 things that make you happy or grateful for in life, these could be people, places or things but make sure they’re within reachable goals (e.g., family and friends)
- Write down 3 things that would make today great!
- Commit to spending 10 minutes meditating before starting your day so that you’re able to center yourself and focus on what’s important at hand.
How I like to end my day every single night without fail and why.
After I’ve done my best to take care of myself, I like to do one more thing: go to bed without fail. Here’s how it works:
- Read a book, or journaling. This allows me to be introspective and reflect on the day’s events, or simply enjoy some alone time with the latest bestseller!
- Meditate and/or listen to relaxing music (I often use meditation apps). This helps me focus my mind and let go of stress during the day while also preparing me for sleep at night. It also gives me something productive and calming to do before bedtime so that I’m not just lying in bed looking at social media or watching TV shows until it’s finally time for sleep.
- Take a hot bath (optional). This is especially enjoyable if you have achey muscles from overdoing it during your workout earlier in the day!
Create a self care box filled with things that make you happy, will be useful for life, and inspire you to do better daily.
You should create a self care box filled with things that make you happy, will be useful for life, and inspire you to do better daily.
- Include items that make you feel good. Whether it’s a candle, a book or something else entirely; this helps create an atmosphere that is relaxing and calming for your mind.
- Include items that make you feel like you are taking care of yourself. You don’t need to spend lots of money on these items either – they can be free things found around the house or bought cheaply from dollar stores or thrift shops! It’s not about how much they cost but rather how much they bring joy into your life!
A list of some of the items that are in my self care box.
The most important thing to remember when you’re trying to develop your self-care mindset is that you don’t have to do everything all at once. Start by adding one item at a time and eventually you’ll build up your entire box.
Here is a list of some of the items that are in my self care box:
- Vitamin C tablets (to make my immune system strong)
- A book by Tony Robbins or other influential author (to inspire me)
- An inspiring quote on a notecard or poster (to remind me of why I’m doing this)
You have the power to create a self care mindset that helps you save money, maintain an overall healthy lifestyle, and achieve your goals everyday!
Self care is not selfish. It’s important to remember that taking time to take care of yourself isn’t just about you and your mental health, but also about the health of your relationships and surroundings. Taking care of yourself means being a better friend, family member, and neighbor.
I hope this article has helped you to create a mindset of self care and how to do so in a way that is easy for anyone to understand. If you’re looking for more information on self care, check out my other posts on the topic